Developer responseposted 4 years ago
Hi, add-on should work with both Android and Windows. Tried BBC and The Times and dyslexia font will shop up. Please check if you have any other add-on installed and try to disable them temporarily; perhaps they will override this add-on. So far nobody else have had problems (some eb pages just do not work and nothing can be done, but BBC and The Times should work) so must be compatibility issue of some kind.
- by Dmichelle78, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5I cried the first time I used it. I'm in college and my school is very proactive about helping me. My chemistry Lab instructor did some digging and suggested you. I described it to her like being in the desert thirsty at a 100 ft well filled 50 ft with water. You have no pale to get to the water. Your company walked up and handed me a pale and said drink up!!!!! Thank you!
- by shnoulle, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Great extension, some site seems to diable loading fonts. Due to COntent Security Policy .
See twitter for example : console picture show the issue https://pic.infini.fr/Dv16jmaM/AMOQ91cs.png
- by Firefox user 13866602, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent addon but it doesn't render Google News correctly and some website don't change font properly (such as the new BBC News layout which is being trialled on some parts of the website).
- by Douglas, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Exactly what I needed! I can't believe I didn't know about this font before. I'm fairly old and if this had been around when I was in school..... The very first time I saw this font elsewhere, I couldn't believe I could read entire words and multiple words within a sentence. I have been limited to sub vocalization all my life. My browsing speed and comprehension just went up exponentially. I would've been happy for any relief.
- by Firefox user 13770583, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I like that I can toggle on-off.
But I'm not seeing any of the expected Dyslexia Font. Admittedly I am only using it on BBC and The Times websites, but the only effect noticed is an increase in font-size and character spacing, plus line-spacing.
You call this 'mobile' does that mean it doesn't work on windows versions of Firefox - I'm using both normal Firefox and Developer version. Both to-date.
**** Edit to respond to Developer :
Thank you - it looks like I have the correct fontface according to the app, which I assume is using https://www.dyslexiefont.com/en/typeface/ ? - I was expecting a different fontface - that of https://opendyslexic.org/
Have changed feedback rating....
Further edit : Have noticed that the use of this app removes the small picture placeholders from websites, such as baskets and chat pointers (BBC).
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHi, add-on should work with both Android and Windows. Tried BBC and The Times and dyslexia font will shop up. Please check if you have any other add-on installed and try to disable them temporarily; perhaps they will override this add-on. So far nobody else have had problems (some eb pages just do not work and nothing can be done, but BBC and The Times should work) so must be compatibility issue of some kind.
- by grahamperrin, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5For Mobile Dyslexic 0.0.3: is the Firefox version requirement – 57.0 – correct?
It works with Waterfox 56.0.3 and Firefox 56.0.2; and it seems to include an enhancement request that I made for 0.0.1.
- by Firefox user 13613827, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This font helps me read more dense pages such as articles and stories, however looking at more scattered websites such as storefronts or Facebook is pretty confusing with this font. This is why this add-on is so perfect - it allows me to effortlessly turn the font on or off. Thank you so much!