To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Minimode 1.4.1-signed.1-signed Requires Restart
Need more browsing space? Here is an alternative to fullscreen. Its fullscreen without fullscreen. Its minimode. Clicking Ctrl+F11 per default hides everything, except browsing area. You can however set it up so for example address bar is preserved
This add-on has been marked as experimental by its developers
About this Add-on
- You don't need the location-bar, because pressing ctrl+L shows a dialog, when location bar is not visible. I however prefer to keep the bar, because it allows you to see the url of the site you are on.
- You don't need the menu bar, because hitting the "Alt" key opens it. I prefer disabling it
- You don't need the status bar, but I prefer keeping it, so I can see progress when a page loads
- You don't need the browsing buttons (back, home, etc), because there are keyboard shortcuts for all these. Its a real bonus to get rid of these, because it makes the navigation bar smaller. This plugin (currently) only allows disabling of complete bars, and not individual elements on the bars, so you need to remove the buttons in the normal mode (using firefox build-in feature)
I need to update the screenshot - there are more options available now, than the screenshot indicates
- Optionally make statusbar visibility depend on status: Hidden when status is "Done," visible otherwise (I have already implemented this feature as a seperate add-on: Shy Statusbar - with that add-on, the statusbar is always shy, with this addon, the statusbar will only be shy when in minimode)
- Optionally hide elements within searchbars (Browsing buttons, search engines etc)
- For each element, provide three options: "hide", "show" and "don't change"
- Optionally set up several modes (with their own keyboard shortcuts)