Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by GradStudent, 6 years agoRated 4 out of 5I am a professional student, and one of my grants requires me to track the amount of time spent in the classroom. Since my school is based online, this was tricky until one of my IT friends recommended this add-on. I added it yesterday, and I am happy with it so far. I am waiting to see if the generated reports will be approved, but it looks like it will fulfill the requirements.
I'm having some difficulty with the tracker, though. As I said, I started using the Add-On yesterday. It is now 7:36 AM (EST), and the Add-On is still tracking this morning's hours as yesterday. I was uncomfortable with the 4 AM setting as opposed to midnight, but this is not going to work for me if the days cannot be separated. Help?? Thank you!
- by Пётр, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5It gives you the most elegant and profound statistics on your behaviour on the web. It's unobtrusive and a must for the one perfecting himself. No longer be blind to how much time your bad habits suck out of your life. Kill them on time.
Update: I'm using Procrastitracker to track pc usage now.
- by cbford, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5Love the app! Only thing is that some games (like msn games) play in a pop-out window and I don't think the extension is tracking this time. Any way to address this?
- by vin35, 6 years agoRated 4 out of 5hey i like this addon a lot.
If you could add on option to ignore the websites browsed during private mode, that'd be awesome. ;-)Thanks, Mind the Time already ignores private browsing: "No time or websites are logged for private browsing windows." from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/mind-the-time/
- by Firefox user 10810744, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on is perfect for keeping track of the time I spend online and each specific website. It runs very smoothly and quietly; I am completely satisfied.
As mentioned in another review, it would be nice to be able to export the data (perhaps a future update)
- by GabrielRaigosa, 6 years agoRated 3 out of 5Buen Complemento, si pudiera exportar el reporte a xls o csv seria Excelente. (Good Addition, if you could export the report to xls or csv Excellent serious.)
- by Adorboy_HUN, 6 years agoRated 4 out of 5Hi!
the addon was working for a long time, but since FF v.20 its just grey, the summary page is blank! i removed, and added it again, but nothing! can an other addon interfere with it?
- by wujj123456, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5I finally find what I need. Other addons only give history stats based on visiting history, not time stats. I used to use LeechBlock, but I can completely control my browsing now. So I only need time stats. Thank you very much for this addon.
1) you have already categorized timer types with always on, pause on idle, etc. Could you make the "always on / video mode" based on a list of websites? There are just that many websites that people usually spend time on.
2) Customized idle timeout? One minute is kinda too short for long reading...
One question about timing:
If Firefox loses focus (e.g. mnimized), do you keep counting? I guess you do in video mode? This is kinda tricky since Flash fullscreen switches to flash process. However, if it's just texts, and firefox is not current windows, I am probably not reading anything...
- by EmbraceUnity, 6 years agoRated 3 out of 5This idea is marvelous! I was looking for an alternative to RescueTime which is open source and not cloud-based. This fits the bill!
I'm having a minor difficulty, though. I'm getting numerous duplicate day entries in the summary page.
I'm running Firefox 26 with twelve other addons installed.Please send me an email to try and troubleshoot this. (Try it with a clean profile with no other add-ons...)
Edit: I have identified a bug that is likely causing this. It will be fixed in the next release (1.2.2). Please email me and let me know what your time zone is.
- by JJ, 6 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great app - really helps me keep track of what I do everyday.
Just a small problem - after midnight, the counter resets to 0:00 for both items. However, it never starts counting again until an unknown amount of time later (at least a few hours).
- by some1ls, 7 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon, can i make some suggestions?
1. Ability to group urls in categories (e.g. news,music,social networks, etc). A user-friendly implementation could be: At the summary page, with right click on any url to have a 'Move to Category' choice so we may add/move that url to a category. Summary page showing the 'interdependent' urls and the categories of the rest (displaying the total time for the urls belonging to each one) and with a click on any category to display in a tree style the information of each of the urls of that category with non zero time.
2. Ability to track activities away from firefox: After X minutes in pause mode and at every startup of the ff a pop up menu with the total away time and a choice to add time for each such activity.
Probably a small difference in accuracy so not that important: after the timing is paused it should resume only if ff firstly gain focus and a mouse clicked in the area or a key is pressed (even more sophisticated any key stroke except alt - for people who prefer to use alt+tab instead of mouse to move among windows). That way we don't have a minute added mistakely at the openned tab's url if we accidentaly bring it in front or just move the mouse after a screen saver or a standby.
- by Sachin Bhansali, 7 years agoRated 5 out of 5I had never put a review for an addon ever. This Plugin has compelled me to Thank Developer for his excellent work. Its a real medicine for people like us. 4 days in use and I have already start feeling the difference. I realized how much time i have wasted roaming all over internet with zero productivity. Apart from the Timer ... Statistics is the coolest feature of this addon. It helps me keep track of what i did all along. I would definitely recommend this addon.
- by tony, 7 years agoRated 5 out of 5I really like this add on. it tells me how much time in the day I'm wasting :) The one thing i'd like to see is a count down option from a set time limit, with reminders saying internet time is almost up, is up, etc.
I do like the add-on though!
- by Justin, 7 years agoRated 4 out of 5Love it. The key for me giving 5 stars would be a "working day" option that I can define (i.e. Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm). It isn't relevant to me if I spent 30 minutes on Facebook whilst I sip my morning coffee, but is vital to my business during work hours.
Still wonderful to get a gauge though!
- by Joabe Ferreira, 7 years agoRated 5 out of 5This extension was all I was needing to firefox. Have long been waiting for a dev to build an extension like this.
I'm glad you * dev.
I also like the Opera Browser.
In Opera use the add-on called "Time Counter"
It records data * Today * and Total.
You could make this a Firefox extension is * Idêntic (Seemed) *Time Counter of Opera Browser?
... I use Firefox Aurora and your extension works great!