Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 12225939, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Say you have 2 monitors, and a window of firefox in each one. The timer only times the one you're in at the time, so if I'm working in one and watching a video in another it won't monitor the video
- by Firefox user 12114003, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5There should be an option to change the daily reset time from 4:00am to 0:00am. I cannot use this add-on without this functionality unfortunately. Looks good otherwise though.
- by Hierophant, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Wasted time searching Firefox newsgroup to find out why the icon does not appear in the toolbar. Then I found out why, it will not work in `Private browsing`. I use PB all the time so this will be of limited use to me.
- by Firefox user 12080128, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like this add-on very much! It is pritty simple, the overview shows the usage you spend on the web and every website very clear.
The only problem I have is when twitter.com is displayed and you leave the computer - the add-on is still counting although I do nothing on the computer. Even when the screensaver starts (really no mouse movement ect.) it is counting. My assumption is that the twitter website is refreshing to show the user the unread messages on top. Please fix this!
- by Firefox user 12052711, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very useful add-on. It's very interesting to be able to track how you spend your time and it has helped me to be more aware of where my day goes. The add-on is very easy to use and provides monthly, weekly and daily breakdown which is very helpful.
- by bonnysites.com, 5 years agoRated 3 out of 5There is no button now, I did see the little hourglass button when I first installed it, but now I don't. There is no documentation for usage that I can find, except to say that there is a button now, instead of the ticker, and no other place I can find for support, so I am doing it here. I see they ask for support, but how can I pay for something that doesn't work and has no technical info nor help that I can find?
- by Benyamin Limanto, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5On nightly built it's not working. I think this problem not only happen to me, but also happen to many people, I chat them at IRC MozNet and they tell the same thing. No extension shown, Only successfully installed...
Developer responseposted 5 years agoVersion 1.2.2 works on Firefox Beta (39). I just tried it with DeveloperEdition (40) and it's not working for me there.
Mozilla has deprecated the widget module of their add-on SDK:
So I think that's why Mind the Time is not working on Firefox 40 or higher. I'm currently working on a new version that doesn't use the widget module. That should fix the problem. I hope to be able to release it soon.
UPDATE: a new version of Mind the Time (1.3.0) is now available and it works on Firefox nightly (41) and developer edition (40):
- by Mark Swan, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5Absolutely brilliant. Working out of the box just how i wanted it to use. I can track my time in Firefox and make adjustments in my procrastination based on the real numbers.
- by twithead2, 6 years agoRated 2 out of 5Despite my best efforts timer doesn't appear in toolbar anymore.. shame because I find it very useful and was planning to make a donation... but now it doesn't work!