- by Firefox user 13899780, a month agoRated 1 out of 5One of two things happened when I used this filter: 1. the screen went 100% white or 2. It gave an inverted color, in which e.g. buttons for routine g-mail functions became almost completely dark. I originally wanted to use this to improve the poor color (darkness) on a movie from Amazon. It was useless.
- by Firefox user 10745620, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Too difficult to control the darkness and contrast. Also, after I disabled it the colors on the pinned tabs were not changed to their original color. They are purple
- by Gerry, a month agoRated 1 out of 5I have no idea why anybody likes this app. There are constant white flashes of death. By that I mean everything is cool and in dark mode, then you go to a page and there will be a full white flash to burn your retinas before the dark mode kicks in.
This is 100 times worse than not having dark mode! How is this helpful at all? I wondering how much eye damage this one "RECOMMENDED" extension has caused!
- by Milo, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5When i removed the extension, for whatever reason parts of websites are still dark, very dark. I have no clue why this is nor am I able to fix it.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoIf you did't disable Midnight Lizard before removing it then pages that were open at that time will stay partially dark. After page refresh (F5) they will return to normal.
- by Firefox user 14548538, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5J'ai malheureusement dû retirer cette extension de mon pc car juste après l'avoir installé, l'extension bloque en permanence toutes mes pages internet à cause d'un script qui reste à travailler indéfiniment et ne veut pas s'arrêter et quand je demande à ce que le script s'arrête pour une page donnée il ne le fait pas et continue à perturber mes pages internet et à me bloquer. C'est dommage...
- by Firefox user 14698527, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Absolutely horrible. Runs scripts at the background to darken the pages, where a simple CSS-Edit shouldn't take minutes to adjust. Feels like having the worst VPN running in the background while scrolling a website.
- by Firefox user 16067312, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I installed this ... everything slowed down to a crawl. My PC is no joke so this was a bit worrisome. This should not happen to this level of PC for a "color filter".
WORSE: I figured out why... When I installed this suddenly there was a new extra popover advertisement on youtube!!!! I instantly uninstalled.
The advertisement stopped happening after I removed this extension. DONT TOUCH unless you like extra advertisements! The injection code can explain the slowness. They need to mention they inject code for advertisements.
Its messed up to ask for donations AND advertise... Im going to report.
Developer responseposted a year agoMidnight Lizard does not inject any ads. Source code has been verified by Mozilla reviewers and certainly is safe.
The problem with YouTube you described might be due to ad blocking extension you are using could not block the ad soon enough so you saw the beginning. YouTube is quite heavy website, but they have built-in dark theme so you can disable Midnight Lizard there by Alt+Shift+L keyboard shortcut.