by sudip, 6 months ago
Rated 5 out of 5
This is the best dark mode in any browser! I am thoroughly enjoying it! Kudos to the developer. I did not face any broken website in my entire usage period over the last 6 to 8 months. I recommend it to everyone looking for dark mode in browsers.
- by Firefox user 16333136, 13 days agoRated 2 out of 5Works great in theory, but not even remotely in practice. The addon doesn't remember my settings between tabs, which means that sometimes the addon doesn't active on tabs when I've turned it on, and is still active on tabs when I've turned it off.
Even worse than that, sometimes I'll change tab and it's seemingly just picked a palette all by itself. I set Midnight Lizard to "Apple Mint", only to open Youtube and inexplicably see it in "Sunset Sails".
My last problem is what everyone else mentions, in that it slows my Firefox to an absolute crawl. Both loading times and actions on the pages takes ages.
- by Sans Undertale, 17 days agoRated 5 out of 5With a few tweaks, this seems to run better than Dark Reader etc. And it works well on mobile too. The many setting options may seem daunting, but worth it all the same. I especially appreciate the option to schedule Dark Mode both based on the System Theme and independent of the System Theme. Very nice.
- by Shelby, a month agoRated 4 out of 5Today is my first day using this extension. Overall, I like it. I can tolerate that it's slower than Dark Reader, due to the fact its more customizable in my experience.
One issue I'm having is that some websites it wont remember when I apply "automatic" or "complex" filtering, etc, so the website looks as I would like it to. Is there a fix for that? Hitting "apply" doesn't make it stick, and I don't want it to become part of the default theme, as "automatic" runs best for most websites so far.
Hopefully in the future it runs better! No more white section on google images is definitely a win!! : )
Edit Sept 22, 2021; I see, Thank you! I'll see what I can do about the unnamed color scheme.
Not sure why, does NOT run well on Trello. Other websites, the delay is alright, but Trello locks up on me. Just be aware of that, other users, if you also need to use Trello. I still like the app, though.
4 stars for the response.
Developer responseposted a month agoWhen you apply specific named color scheme then if you change it somewhere else it will automatically change on all websites where it was applied. But if you apply custom unnamed color scheme for a specific website then it will be used only there.
- by OlliWolf, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Just testing tons of dark mode type addons today to honestly just try to fix one single annoyance on one single site that has issues with a small on site popup that shows recent notifications. I have to admit that I don't really like messing with extra stuff if I don't have to either. However, this addon has fixed my annoying problem and worked well so far on a few quick test sites right out of the 'box'. I do have to say that I notice a whee slow down as people have mentioned about, but it's minimal (to me). So far this has been the first addon though to do all things dark just right where I need that, and also actually makes it super easy to whitelist/blacklist sites with a click. I'm still going to go searching for more tests with more addons, but so far this one gets everything right pretty much from my tests for this current version.
- by Firefox user 13899780, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5One of two things happened when I used this filter: 1. the screen went 100% white or 2. It gave an inverted color, in which e.g. buttons for routine g-mail functions became almost completely dark. I originally wanted to use this to improve the poor color (darkness) on a movie from Amazon. It was useless.
- by Firefox user 10745620, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5Too difficult to control the darkness and contrast. Also, after I disabled it the colors on the pinned tabs were not changed to their original color. They are purple
- by Gerry, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5I have no idea why anybody likes this app. There are constant white flashes of death. By that I mean everything is cool and in dark mode, then you go to a page and there will be a full white flash to burn your retinas before the dark mode kicks in.
This is 100 times worse than not having dark mode! How is this helpful at all? I wondering how much eye damage this one "RECOMMENDED" extension has caused!