Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by hannesd, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5When you click on a link in Firefox 66 it both opens the link and goes back in the current tab. But this happens only on some websites, e.g. https://www.hofer.at/de/angebote/ab-montag-01042019/
- by George, a year agoRated 5 out of 5hi, have been using this for some time. Have a problem with firefox 60.0b14 beta update. When I go back if it lands on a link it opens 3 new windows. OK on release version.
- by Gammadeus, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5The basic conception was great, and it works properly.
But the 5.0 version has some bugs.
The worst thing is, that it never close a tab without previous history if only you fill the checkbox at its setup site.
And this step have to be done after every restart, because without this function Firefox forgot about this previous setting.
I wrote a letter to the author month ago, and I got an answer, but it wasn't any seeable progression / development from that time on the addon.
Now has exactly the same issue than then.
I use it on Waterfox, too, but with the previous version, because it is better, then tha last WE-version (5.0).
Unfortunately I use Firefox 59, too. So there I can't use the 4.2 version (as at Waterfox, which is based on Firefox 56, I can), but only the WE-based 5.0 version.
On the other hand, it is a great addon, I used it from the beginnings. So I hope it will be corrected/ repaired very soon .
- by Underpass, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I can confirm it is working again. There is only a little "cosmetic" problem: when enlarging the Windows fonts, the dialog doesn't seem to be resized accordingly and the last line is not displayed:
P.S. If you want your addon to be translated in Italian, I can help :)
- by Dan, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks very much for this addon. The Logitech drivers don't work well for me and all I wanted them for anyway was to program the middle button to go back. The problem has been solved now that they're no longer needed.
- by Bee Dee 666, 6 years agoRated 1 out of 5There are some pretty severe issues with its operation that causes it to not work correctly with at least the Image Toolbar extension.
(and I'm guessing other extensions because of what it's doing -- as long as other extensions aren't using the middle-click for something, there probably won't be a problem)
The author doesn't want to mess with it and fix it.
Look for a fix on the Mozillazine forums in the Image Toolbar thread. (if I can fix it)
- by Firefox user 6086357, 8 years agoRated 5 out of 5I was just complaining in a review for another addon that performs pretty much the same function as this one. The other addon doesn't handle the default behaviors of the middle mouse click though, which is why I couldn't keep the other one.
Almost missed this one because searching the term 'mouse' doesn't return this result in the first few pages.
- by africansk8er, 8 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon, I use it for the middle click to undo close tab. I wish it was a default feature in Firefox, but this addon is the next best thing. Works perfectly, and the developer is responsive which is awesome to see.
- by zenopz, 9 years agoRated 3 out of 5A tab without history (which have not the Back option) will be closed when I click by middle button on an "empty" space. And this can't be disabled.
So, when I do multi-clicking to go to the root or simply to go back several webpages, THE TAB UNENSPECTIDLY CLOSED!
When I want to close a tab, I middle-click the tab's header!
So, please, disable the such nonstandard behavior by default. Tabs should not to be closed by clicking on webpages.
Developer responseposted 8 years agoNew version is "Awaiting Full Review" by Firefox team.
In this version, you can customize what middle-click does.
Beta version is here:
- by Jose , 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5I have used this extension for years and is really great, but weeks ago it stopped working, I mean, it still works, but now the page goes back, even when I click on a link (to open in a new tab), and I had to disable it. I guess that the update of any other extension is causing this, but I have so many of them that is hard to know which one is doing that. Its a pity, because this is an essential extension for me. Any clues about what can be causing this? Thanks.Thank you for the 5-star :)
I updated it for firefox 4 but i still use it on firefox 3 without any problem.
What is your firefox's version?
Can you give an example that the extension is not working? On which link on that page?
- by jim , 9 years agoRated 2 out of 5Doesn't work well with smooth scrolling.There should be a pop-up that says, "Are you sure you want to go back?" Perhaps, a control key would help prevent going back -unintentionally- while scrolling.
Too frustrating to continue using. Has Keremonal abandoned this extension?Hi Jim. I did not abandon this extension. Thank you for your interest.
I use middle-clicking to go back a lot and never click on back button. A confirmation would make this addon less usable so I do not prefer to implement this.
- by eltranced, 9 years agoRated 3 out of 5Have options of what a middle hold can do...Thanks for your comment. You are right. I know options dialog would be great but, sorry, I do not know how to do it. If anyone codes it, I can merge it in next version. You can mail me at email@example.com.
- by Dean Anderson, 9 years agoRated 5 out of 5To disable the "close tab" feature, open the File "middleclicktogoback.js" in an text editor.
It is located in
Then search this lines:
and write // in front of this 2 lines:
(Re)start Firefox and its done.
- by Paul Leger, 10 years agoRated 3 out of 5This is a nice add-on. But I miss the possibility to go forward. Actually, I am looking for an add-on that provides Rocker navigation as in Opera, e.g. holding down one mouse button and then clicking the other mouse button goes back/forward. There are three add-ons that can do that:
Is nice and lightweight enough, but of all things it provides, just the Rocker gestures have a bug and don't work properly.
2. All-in-one Gestures:
Works, but is too bloated considering that I only use the Rocker gestures.
3. Mouse Gestures Redox:
It's the best of those three, but also too much for my needs.
It would be nice if there was an add-on that provides Rocker gestures only, so that it's lightweight but with navigation function as in Opera.
There once was such an add-on, but unfortunately it's outdated and not working for current versions of Firefox:
Besides, it's not true that going forward is used rarely . Of course, going back is used more often. But there are users like me who switch very often back and forth again between two pages, for example when I see something I overlooked, just the very moment I already clicked the Back button. Then it's very convenient to go forth again just as quickly as going back.
Regarding other ideas in here: I think that double-click on white space in order to go forward is not a good idea. Because double-click is also used to mark single words in a text. And this would interfere with add-ons for search and word-lookup.
Rocker navigation is still the best. If there would be a simple add-on as the outdated one I mentioned, it would be awesome and unique. Not everyone uses mouse gestures in the way of drawing mouse trails. Some users only want the simple Rocker navigation as in Opera. As for me, I think that Rocker navigation is much more convenient than mouse gestures as in FireGestures etc., because users don't have to hold down the right mouse button and then make a move. They can leave their wirst rested and just tip with their fingers. This is much more intuitive and easy. I reckon that many users would use it. But in those mouse gesture addons Rocker navigation is de-activated in all of them. So probably most users even don't know about this awesome way of navigating.
Any user I know who ever tried Opera, they all wonder where Rocker navigation is in Firefox. They all miss it. And so do I, because I'm a former Opera user. But I switched ot Firefox, because of all the add-ons. However, I still couldn't find a simple add-on that provides Rocker gestures only.Thank you for writing such a long review. It is great to have different addons for different needs. Still there is no addon I can use to middle-click to go back and middle- click on links to open it in new tab except my addon.
- by M A, 11 years agoRated 3 out of 5Middle click does go back.
But Middle click on a "tab" opens last closed tab (Undesirable - I have it set to close the tab).
Could you please provide customization and allow switching on/off each function.
Also, what about going "forward"? Can you add a setting for it (like middle double clicking or normal double clicking an empty space).
Finally, you have the same extension with another name (Super Middle Click) so which one will be updated and should install?
Developer responseposted 11 years agoFirst of all thank you for your comments. They are really are useful for me.
My answers for your questions are:
Middle click on a tab should still close that tab. But middle click on the "tab bar" should reopen the last closed one. I mean "click on an empty space on the tabbar not on a specific tab".
I dont want to put any graphical interface on this extension. You can do it as you like. There is no licence of this plugin. Everyone can use it as they like.
I do not want to complicate the plugin. Forward button is not used so commonly.
Yes "super middle click" is the same with this extension. Exactly the same. You do not have to download that one. I will delete one of these extensions.
- by J H, 12 years agoRated 5 out of 5For anyone who wants to just go back a page quickly and easy - this is the extension. Saves the extra click of right clicking mouse and saves the annoyance of the context pop box - just the middle click and you see nothing pop-up/load/or bog - instant and convenient.