The extension will not work without cookies and you will not be able to sign in and use the extension without accepting them.
Mendeley Web Importer reads the browser information listed for the purpose of providing the service.
The extension will not permit you to sign in and use the service without accepting the collection of this data.
- Web browser URLs upon which Mendeley Web Importer is used. This enables the development team to identify sites with which Mendeley Web Importer should improve compatibility.
- Web browser version and language settings. This informs internal usage reports and justifies continued investment in the Firefox version of the extension.
- Application interaction data. This is used to collect information about add-on use and inform future product development. Your account details such as name and email address are not associated with this data.
- Web browser IP address. This is used to identify when the extension is being used from an IP range registered with Elsevier as part of an institutional business relationship (such as providing Elsevier content to a university) in order to offer additional services relating to that institution.
Mendeley Web Importer requires the browser permissions listed to provide functionality.
The extension will not work properly without these permissions.
- Access your data for all websites. This is used to enable location and retrieval of full text links from URLs which you do not currently have open within your web browser.
- Access browser tabs. This is used to inject the user interface for using Mendeley Web Importer into the currently viewed web page.
- Display notifications to you. This is used to alert you when the extension hits an error, such as failing to complete a PDF file upload. It is not used for advertising.
Last updated 2020-03-10