Mark-It is a Firefox add-on that allows you to quickly take notes in Markdown.
It replaces your new tab page with a notes page and includes a toolbar popup so you can edit your notes from anywhere.
- Replaces the new tab page with your notes
- View and Edit modes allow you to see the pretty version of your notes, but edit them with the full power of Markdown when you need to
- A toolbar popup means you don't have to leave your page to make a quick edit
- All notes are saved instantly and persist between sessions
- To see your notes, open a new tab. The new tab page will default to View mode.
- You can also open the popup by pressing `Ctrl + Shift + F` or clicking the toolbar icon. The popup will default to Edit mode.
- To switch between View and Edit mode, press `Ctrl + Shift + Space`, or click on the colored mode switch button.
- To make Mark-It the first thing you see when you open a new window, open a new tab with Mark-It installed. Then, click and drag the new tab onto the home button on the toolbar and click yes.
- When you stop typing, your notes are saved automatically, and all instances of your notes are updated.
- To get the most out of Mark-It, you should be familiar with Markdown.
- That's it! I hope you like it, and please let me know if there's anything I can improve!
Markdown to HTML conversion is done with Marked.
Source code can be found here.
Report this add-on for abuse
If you think this add-on violates Mozilla's add-on policies or has security or privacy issues, please report these issues to Mozilla using this form.
Please don't use this form to report bugs or request add-on features; this report will be sent to Mozilla and not to the add-on developer.
- Add-on Links
- 216.22 KB
- Last updated
- 7 months ago (Aug 3, 2019)
- MIT/X11 License
- Version History
Packaged fonts with the extension instead of using Google Fonts.