Rated 4.4 out of 5
4.4 Stars out of 5
- by Dan Werlinger, 8 days agoRated 4 out of 5Pretty impressive extension overall. It is the only security extension that I have found so far that protects against trackers/ads, PUP's, malware, and scams. On one website alone it blocked 478 Ads/trackers, no joke. The reason for only giving 4 stars is that I wished it communicated with my Malwarebytes desktop application as well. As far as I can tell it does not. When the browser extension says it blocked malware I wished it showed up in my desktop applications protection results as well to show an overall security posture result that Malwarebytes is providing me. Overall very impressive I recommend.
- by Joe, 16 days agoRated 3 out of 5It's a proprietary license and collect a lot of personal data I'm not comfortable with
The information that is collected is atomized and is not attributed to any user.
- by Firefox user 13163623, a month agoRated 3 out of 5A great browser addon to protect user, but after 6 months of use I have decided to remove it, so many false positives when I am looking at websites or downloading content (Legitimate applications embraced in the opensource community and alike)
just too many nuisances keeping it. a great app none the less.
- by marcelg, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5maybe is good, but don't keep my desired fake positives for me, it ask everytime i enter a page that i know is safe for my, i will avoid it
Developer responseposted 2 months agoThanks a lot for your feedback, Marcel! We'd like our Browser Guard team have a look at this for you. Could you get in contact with them on support.malwarebytes.com? Thank you!
- by Gato_Arcoíris, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Just installed. My old PC went from 0 to 100 in a second! It really did make it faster, and I cannot believe it. I've tried and liked the developer's other products, but this is the best so far.
Also, I love it is free. Developers don't understand some of us cannot pay for services even though we would if we had the means.
Malwarebytes understands this and offers a great free service that can be most definitely improved by those who can pay for it. Thus, no one is cheated out of a great add-on.