- by Rik, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5Not fit for purpose. Tons of false positive just to show off. Website blocked as trojans without saying where is exactly the trojan. This kind of companies should be sued for damaging companies! :-(
PS: same URL on VirusTotal is reported as safe by all the 93 scanners, including Malwarebytes that is probably another engine.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHi Rik! Thanks for your valuable feedback. I'm sorry to hear you had this experience. If you'd like our web protection team to look into this, please get in touch on https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or add your comment to https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/122-false-positives/
- by Firefox user 16290478, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5It is OK, it is bad at ad blocking, but I think that is acceptable for now... Malwarebytes is an antivirus, an I think It should be treated as one:
Malwarebytes please focus efficiency(low PC resources consumption) and security(because this is what this has been installed for.) and also remove what is not needed, keep it at minimum, I do not need a graph which does not fit in the vertical rectangular tab bar for extensions content from Firefox. just add an link for statistics so it drives me to an web page with all the info, and advanced configurations of the extension.
- by WDP&HS, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5MB Browser Guard is selective in it's blocking. Went to update my MB subscription and discovered only by reading the source code that I was being tracked by adobetm.com. This add-on was running even for private pages and gave it a clean bill of health. Go figure!
- by edik, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Проверил, блокирует страницы и ссылки с троянами и другим вредным ПО. Здоровья разработчикам! НО! В поисковой строке сайта интернетмагазина не переходит по выпадающим ссылкам предлагаемого товара:(
- by Firefox user 16973682, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5Not good a lot of missed ads , doesn't block pop-ups get ADGUARD instead had no misses with it so far blocks everything malwerebytes claims to block and more
- by Firefox user 15605482, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5Couldn't figure out why on many retail websites, the "Customer Reviews" section of the page would be missing or not work.
Once I removed this this add-on, the reviews appeared once again.
No option to white list websites so I just removed the add on.
- by oldmilkmaid, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5Honestly, I don't remember when I added this to my Firefox, but last night I was working on my website, adding photos to a page, when suddenly I couldn't see the photos. Tried rebooting the computer - still couldn't see the pictures. Contacted my webhost (Webstarts) this morning and explained what I did and what was happening. They had me check different browsers - photos worked on Chrome and Viasat Browser, but not on Firefox or Edge. This was on the Webstarts working site as well as online on the public site. It only affected my website, no other webpages, and affected all the added (non-background) pictures and graphics. I finally deleted MBAMBG from Firefox and Edge, refreshed those, and it worked - I had my photos back. I don't know why BG doesn't get along with Firefox and Edge, for me, but I hope we can get it worked out - I love MBAM and Webstarts, and pay for both! It would be a shame to have to permanently drop BG so my website works properly!
Developer responseposted 6 months agoHey there, we have identified & fixed the issue that occurred on Webstarts.
If you reinstall and give the add-on about 5 minutes to fully refresh its database the site should work as expected.
If there are any other issues, please reach out at support.malwarebytes.com.