by Pac, 3 years ago
Rated 3 out of 5
I use uMatrix and uBlock and am a very big fan of those addons but I figured I'd throw this on top and see what happened. It doesn't seem to have done anything detrimental to any of the sites I like to commonly browse and in some cases I can see an indicator on the icon showing that it's blocking something but I am not seeing any way of showing exactly WHAT it is blocking. It would be nice if it gave more information on the little drop down menu when you click the icon as to what it is actually doing.
- by WDP&HS, a day agoRated 2 out of 5MB Browser Guard is selective in it's blocking. Went to update my MB subscription and discovered only by reading the source code that I was being tracked by adobetm.com. This add-on was running even for private pages and gave it a clean bill of health. Go figure!
- by Firefox user 16973682, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Not good a lot of missed ads , doesn't block pop-ups get ADGUARD instead had no misses with it so far blocks everything malwerebytes claims to block and more
- by Firefox user 15605482, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5Couldn't figure out why on many retail websites, the "Customer Reviews" section of the page would be missing or not work.
Once I removed this this add-on, the reviews appeared once again.
No option to white list websites so I just removed the add on.
- by oldmilkmaid, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Honestly, I don't remember when I added this to my Firefox, but last night I was working on my website, adding photos to a page, when suddenly I couldn't see the photos. Tried rebooting the computer - still couldn't see the pictures. Contacted my webhost (Webstarts) this morning and explained what I did and what was happening. They had me check different browsers - photos worked on Chrome and Viasat Browser, but not on Firefox or Edge. This was on the Webstarts working site as well as online on the public site. It only affected my website, no other webpages, and affected all the added (non-background) pictures and graphics. I finally deleted MBAMBG from Firefox and Edge, refreshed those, and it worked - I had my photos back. I don't know why BG doesn't get along with Firefox and Edge, for me, but I hope we can get it worked out - I love MBAM and Webstarts, and pay for both! It would be a shame to have to permanently drop BG so my website works properly!
Developer responseposted 3 months agoHey there, we have identified & fixed the issue that occurred on Webstarts.
If you reinstall and give the add-on about 5 minutes to fully refresh its database the site should work as expected.
If there are any other issues, please reach out at support.malwarebytes.com.
- by Firefox user 16914185, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5This has been a good extension for a long time.. Lately though, when ever i go to youtube.com, the little hit counter on the extension's icon just keeps counting up and up. It started doing this recently. Not sure if it's an issue with the extension, youtube, or firefox, but the extension does not display this behavior on the chrome version of the extension.