- by Kundra, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works as expected, but I am weary of what data it collects from Firefox users.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoThanks for your review. Location Guard collects __absolutely__ no user data whatsoever. Its code is open source so anyone can easily audit it to verify this. Moreover, location guard is the result of academic research, it is not monetized in any way.
- by rjhughes, a year agoRated 4 out of 5While I love this extension on Google Chrome, the icon for the Firefox extension seems to have disappeared. Resetting firefox doesn't seem to work, and as a result the extension can never do its job on Firefox.
Developer responseposted a year agoThanks for the feedback. Is this issue the same as the one repored here?
Can you please provide information in the github page to reproduce this problem?
- by wolfesf, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great add-on for live streaming. A litle tricky to use 'til you understand it's quirks but does exactly what's supposed to do. - After reading some of the the other reviews I thought it may be helpful to mention , I'm using this app on FF 62.o.3 with a vpn service and privacy badger. Merci, for this great privacy app.
- by Firefox user 13993105, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Love the app. I would only like to see a couple minor changes. It would be great if you could put in multiple fixed locations and save them as a list. This way you could switch if needed quickly and easily rather than manually zooming in and out and clicking on the map. The rest of the app features are quite well thought out.
- by Firefox user 13486581, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5The permissions this app require can... Read carefully what permissions this plugin can access:
Access your data for all websites:
The extension can read the content of any web page you visit as well as data you enter into those web pages, such as usernames and passwords.
Extensions requesting this permission might:
Read product and price information from a page to help find you the best price on items you're shopping for
Offer a password manager that reads and writes details of your username and password
Provide an ad blocker by reading the content of each web page you open to find and remove ad code
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHello,
This does not mean that Location Guard reads your data. The extension is open source and reviewed by Mozilla, any malicious behaviour would be easily detected.
Note that the "Access your data for all websites" is standard for most addons, it's hard to do anything without it. Ghostery, for instance, is one of the most well known addons for privacy and does use it. Same for uBlock, AdBlock Plus, etc.
- by Firefox user 13563684, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Is there an option to make the fake geo-location match the IP address location? Some website marks your ip address if both locations are too far off.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoNot automatically, but you can use the "Fixed Location" mode, and set it to any location in your country in the options page.
Also feel free to suggest new features here: