- by dr_white, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5I am sitting here stunned right now. I have been holding onto a v.56 fork of FF for years now solely because of Liveclick, the legendary livemarks enhancement addon that was sadly abandoned when it seemed RSS folder functionality had been made impossible in "Chromefox". And now here I am looking at the impossible on my bookmarks bar. I would swear I've read the name Tim Nguyen associated with addons in the past, too. In any case I can't express my appreciation for this breakthrough enough and I can only hope that Mozilla doesn't somehow wreck this feature YET AGAIN. Obviously what I and many other newsfeed junkies would love to see next is as much of Liveclick's power as possible added to this new extension. Being able to have the titles of unread articles shown in boldface was a godsend, with a configurable timer that would mark them as read after a certain number of seconds! I'm guessing its probably either very difficult or not even within reach, however, considering the lack of flexibility in anything with Chromium DNA. Ah, the days when it was all about empowering the user...how I want to see those times return :)
Suggestions that hopefully might be possible to implement without too much trouble:
* Option to keep FF from shortening titles of articles. I know FF has always had a stupid arbitrary limit to the length of titles on the bookmarks toolbar but I can't find a solution like Place's Full Titles any longer.
* Either a way to support the syncing of Livemarks to our FF account bookmarks or an export/import function just for Livemarks.
- by Darth Biomech, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works fantastic. The only thing that I struggle with is the lack of control over the entries. Messed up import so here i go, deleting the livemarks one by one... Where's the "delete all" button when you need it.
- by Firefox user 14719962, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5The most Firefox like replacement for RSS feeds that I have found. Only two dings, and both are rather minor:
(1) Converting using an export was a pain, as the previous bookmark folder structure was lost on the import and it took an hour-plus to move around my 80+ feeds and get them back to where they were originally..
(2) I wish there was a way to disable the icon and only have the article title displayed -- it is a waste of screen real estate (this is my biggest gripe!).
Otherwise, as I said, the best replacement for letting it continue to appear as if FF is managing your feeds.
Also, it works well with latest release of Cliqz.
- by Alex6, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5very convenient since the abandonment of RRS feed in native...
it just misses a small button to copy the address of the feed to the clipboard (if we use an external feed reader ...)
- by Firefox user 14510951, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Use this addon to add and manually install live bookmarks from atom or rss, and then switch it off. In Quantum it pushes up CPU usage to the point my laptop fan came on, and Firefox was incredibly laggy. Now I know it's foibles, I'm happy to carry on using it - disabled most of the time - and Firefox is back to being fast.
- by Mirek, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for this extension!
Please, add marking read/visited articles/links and maybe some code optimization for better performance - and it will be perfect add-on :-)
- by imqqmi, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for bringing back the live rss bookmarks! How ironic it's based on an extension for chrome to provide Firefox like live bookmarks!
A few suggestions to improve:
- Done! Show which article is read
- Show icon of feed instead of the folder icon
- Remove icon in the drop down menu, some icons are annoying when displayed multiple times in a vertical row.
Keep up the good work!
- by Firefox user 12657887, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Super! I was quite frightened when Ffx updated to v64 and reported the end of livemarks. Then I discovered this extension and I really like it. As the others already said: I also would appreciate read/unread flag and custom icons - then it would be a perfect 5 for me. Thanks anyway!
- by Firefox user 14496423, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Live RSS were basically the reason I stick with Firefox ... Livemarks saves this, but with 2 (quite big) limits:
1. Your bookmark has an anonymous folder icon instead of the real website icon.
2. No way to track which feed you have already read or not.
- by Thomas Bertels, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great replacement for the removed livemarks feature.
Only two missing things:
- custom icon for the feed title (instead of folder, a RSS one would be better)
- longer feed items titles length
I'm not sure if those two things are possible though.
I also have a bug: livemarks options pop-under (in Livemarks options) have a 5 seconds delay before getting displayed
- by Firefox user 14495848, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Too bad the functionality was removed from Firefox. This plugin seems to be a good replacement. The only thing I miss so far is a read/unread indicator for each news.