- by foxfireball, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is really a perfect tool! I tried linkificator, linkification and others, but did miss the flexibility like option for new tab instead of current tab for urls. And the feature to add own protocolls like file:///, edit:///, comm:/// is just perfect. With this text files can be used to organize information AND get clickable links with Notepad++ and Firefox. With Linkify++ I can not just open files in Firefox, but open files in e.g. Notepad++ or open paths in FileManager with special protocolls, which can be defined in win registry.
- by Firefox user 14494629, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works as intended, linkifying plain text.
My only issue is that there is no way to exclude certain websites to be linkyfied (eg. gmail) or a whole domains to be blacklisted (cause it can slow down the pages)
Developer responseposted 3 years agoCurrently, you can only disable the linkification by blacklisting the `body` element. Follow these steps:
1. Click the extension icon to open the options page.
2. Add a new domain by clicking the "+" button.
3. In the "Do not linkify following elements" field, replace the content with "body".