- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14030023, 6 years agoThis addion is good for use.But if I forget my password, how do I retrieve the password? Another way is to repeat the overlay and set the password. If someone uses my Firefox account to set up another password, what do I do?
Developer responseposted 5 years agoHi.
Password is always set when you encrypt bookmarks and can be different for different bookmarks, you can even encrypt already encrypted bookmarks if you want.
If you forget you password, it is no easy way to restore the bookmarks since the bookmarks is encrypted with a secure encryption algorithm, probable most easy way is to try and try with different password until you remember the correct one.
- Rated 3 out of 5by thedogsayspanic, 6 years agoUsing link password 5.0.4 and Firefox Nightly for Android 61.0a1. When I enter click the dots and then password, I see select bookmark folders at the top of the page and encrypt and decrypt buttons at the bottom. No tree structure of bookmarks. I'll check this on a desktop computer soon.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13909155, 6 years agoa nice add-on and works fine..But,i wish i could only encrypt/decrypt one link by one or some fews..?? will be possible with your next update ?? thks for your answering :)Unfortunately this was a function that was remove on the rewrite of Link Password due to Firefox 57.
I will look if the functionality can be added again in a user friendly way that not make the GUI to a mess.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 5661722, 6 years agoLink-password has worked fine for a long time, but suddenly stopped being available when a right click is make, even though it is listed as an active Add-on. I have tried to re-install, but I cannot do so because the page to download says you must download Firefox first. But this is not necessary as Firefox remains installed and up-to-date. Advice on how to install Link-password much appreciated.Hi.
It is a bit hard to know exactly what has happen for you, if you com back with more info (firefox version and Link Password version) we give you more help.
My guss is you have upgrade the addons or Firefox, since Firefox version 57 I have rewrite the addons and some functionality has be moved to new locations (see screenshots).
If you running a older version of Firefox (before 57) please install version "Version 188.8.131.52.1-signed.1-signed"
- Rated 1 out of 5by mr.muggles, 6 years agoEnsured my password was correct and now encrypted bookmarks won't decrypt!
RE: developer response. I can assure you my password is correct - I've tried every possible combination with caps lock/num lock on and off and it's not responding. I was careful to try to avoid something like this, so I'm stumped. Needless to say I'm not happy I've lost all my bookmarks.Sorry for you has lost access to the bookmarks, most probley you have enter incorrect password when you decrypt or encrypted bookmarks, common issue is caps lock and numb lock.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sandro kensan, 6 years agoThe extension is very good but now it don't work. I have Firefox ESR, the latest version and Link password the latest version: 5.0.1. I have the message when I click on the link ext+linkpassword://... :
The address wasn’t understood
Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (ext linkpassword) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.
You might need to install other software to open this address.
Firefox ESR 52.5.0 (64-bit)
TY for your work in your free time. I'll be patient and when I'll upgrade my ESR to a quantum version I'll Install the new Web Extension.Hi. Sorry for not working for you, I is for the moment putting all my free time to rewrite Link Password for working with FIrefox version 57! Please be patient I we should be enable to resolve the issue.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13513355, 6 years ago5.01 Doesnt works anymore now since latest release with Firefox 56.0 (32-Bit) . There isnt even a Dropdown function anymore to encrypt either Folder or Link. previous Versions worked flawless. There is no entry in the dropdown anymore. I deinstalled and reinstalled the Addon several times. I am using German Version of Firefox.
Edit 25.11.2017, Version 184.108.40.206.1-signed.1-signed still works with Firefox 56.0.2 (32-Bit)
Thx for your Info about installing a previous version
I deactivated Auto update now.Hi. Sorry for your inconvenience, since Firefox version 57 all functionality in this addon has stop working and I have to rewrite the hole addon from start for working with Firefox version 57.
I will adding Folder encryption/decryption this weekend.
If you still running firefox 56, you can until update to firefox 57 install a older version of Link Passowrd.