To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Link Evaluator 0.9.9.7.1-signed.1-signed
Link Evaluator works as an enhanced Link Checker. When started, it attempts to download the Web page behind each link and searches for 2 customizable sets of phrases - one for "red-flag" phrases and one for "green-flag" phrases.
About this Add-on
authentication failure, and
'incorrect/correct' content for the given URL.
This can be also applied to check the user's bookmarks. Small configuration change is required for that - see the developer comments at the end.
Here is a list of selected features that distinguish it from other Link Checkers:
1) Multi-threaded link testing (4 threads)
2) Evaluation of the whole page (not only the HTTP response code)
3) Ability to search in the linked page for two stets of (red/green-flag) phrases
4) Allows storing of customized sets of red/green-flag phrases (profiles)
5) Has a real-time control/monitor panel where the result of each link-test can be seen (url, page size, HTTP status code and status message, and the red/grren flag phrases found on the page)
6) Can test inside framesets
7) Has an enhanced algorithm for link-coloration
8) Adds "flag-phrases" info in the link tooltips
9) Stores the original tooltips and may revert to them
10) Link Evaluator is capable of detecting red- and green-flag phrases that have been embedded in special Web content for testing purposes. This "Link Evaluator-aware" content can contain flag phrases that are to be applied only to specific links or ranges of links.
11) (New - since v 0.9.9.7) configurable filter of links NOT to be tested.
Link Evaluator can be used not only to check for broken/bad links but it can also be used for a simple analysis of the links' content without even clicking on them.
The extension is free of any mallware. Always use addons.mozilla.org to install or to update it.
The bookmark-checking feature requires (for Firefox 3 and later) change in
Other minor changes for FF 3.5 compatibility.