Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
by Firefox user 5494239, 3 years ago
Rated 3 out of 5
Have used and enjoyed this extension since a long time ago. However, after porting it it ceased to work altogether on FF developer, whereas it still functioned as a legacy add-on before the latest update.
- by QDinar, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5it does not work, for me. march15: now i see that if link is normal, it does not show anything. but target=_blank links are shown with tooltip.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoI'm sorry to hear you are having a problem with Link Alert. Could you please explain exactly what the problem is? Please also include the version of Firefox, what operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux), and the language Firefox is set to. This will help me fix your issue as fast as possible. Thank you.
- by Firefox user 13094095, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Please add "Show hovering URL" as a new feature, it will make the extension 100% better.
It's a little bit pointless when those icons tells you the link is external and you need to move your eye every single time to bottom side of the browser and making sure the link is safe to go.
- by Firefox user 14136620, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent. Just a little incompatibility with "Dark background and Light Text": The background of the box is no longer displayed.
Could you fix ? Thank You.
- by Firefox user 13606724, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I have been using the add-on for a long time and found it to be very useful. There is, however, at least one issue with the new version (2.0.0). The link icon that pops up doesn't vanish any more when the page is printed (using a "print" link in the webpage itself), but remains visible on the printed page.
I think there was an option to turn off the printing of the icon in the old version of LinkAlert, but I cannot find it in the option menu of version 2.0.0 any more.
(Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Firefox 57.0.2 64-bit, German language settings)
- by Firefox user 12831873, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5STOP posting non working updates!I'm sorry to hear you are having a problem with Link Alert. Could you please explain exactly what the problem is? Please also include the version of Firefox, what operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux), and the language Firefox is set to. This will help me fix your issue as fast as possible. Thank you.
- by Alek, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Are you planning to add e10s support? Right now Link Alert is shown as incompatible by Addon Compatibility Reporter and on the e10s site: https://www.arewee10syet.com/#1711
Developer responseposted 4 years agoYou'll be glad to know an e10s version is in the works. It's an almost complete re-write so it may take sometime.
Edit: Good news! The latest version has been updated for e10s.