To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Lighterweight Themes for Australis 1.1.1-signed No Restart
This extension modifies Lightweight Themes (formerly, "Personas") to reduce their impact and control their visibility in Australis (Firefox 29+).
About this Add-on
See a quick walkthrough on YouTube: http://youtu.be/qEN90LaVrXA
See its source on GitHub: https://github.com/ScottMichaud/LighterWTAustralis
See my portfolio website: http://www.scott-michaud.com/
Note: The two Lightweight Themes used in the example screenshots are
1) Furfox Tail Twister: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/furfox-tail-twister/
2) Binary: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/binary/?src=ss
... and are the creations of their respective authors.
1.1 released! Major performance improvements!
Known bugs in 1.1:
- (OSX-only) Padding in windowed mode has been disabled on Mac OSX because of a bug which I don't think can be fixed by an extension. Regardless of user setting, it will force zero padding (which is default behaviour for Firefox). This does not affect padding in maximized mode, which is enabled and will obey user preference.
- Toolbar buttons added by other add-ons, if they have a color scheme for dark lightweight themes, will probably not detect if Lighterweight Themes for Australis is set to lighten the toolbar.
- Complete performance overhaul.
- "Pop-in" fixed (as a result of above).
- Added option to disable theme modifications and *just* modify browser padding. This is added for users who rotate themes, some which look better with Mozilla's default "ghost-like" behaviour. It is a checkbox in the extension's options/preferences.
- Prevented users of Mac OSX from adding extra padding in windowed mode. It looks like the issue is a bug on Mozilla's side (because I doubt they test this use case for obvious reasons). I'll see about filing a bug.
- Optimized for Mac
- Saved an extra pixel in tabbar padding
- Added @document queries to prevent browser CSS changes from affecting websites.