- by Mr.News, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is a FANTASTIC extension! When browsing Amazon books, this just shows up on the page, and tells me if the book is available at in my local public library systems- I can click through to my library, put a hold on it at my nearby branch, and get an e-mail from the library when it's ready to pick up. Voila! And it's FREE- great for books you want to read, but not necessarily buy. This, and bookfinder.com, and you'll be in (real) book heaven.
- by caitrin, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This extension is incredibly helpful for big readers like myself! It consolidates all of my reading sites-- Goodreads, my local library, and Amazon kindle prices-- all in one place. Hugely helpful, definitely recommend!
- by Lark, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Does exactly what it ways it will do. I am more impressed by how quick the developer responded to adding a library. When I first installed and went through the setup process I could not find my library listed. They have where you can request a library and have you enter the addresses for inline catalog and ebook catalog. I was expecting this to take weeks or months to get updated but they had my library added the very next day.
- by Firefox user 15569562, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love this! You can easily see if your library has the books you are looking for (and they often do!) Borrow things you'll only read once --and discover what else you library offers!
- by Firefox user 13347093, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This app has saved me hundreds of dollars in book purchases! I can look up interesting books in the eBook site and this app automatically tells me if the book is available at my local library. I pay for the library in my taxes. It only makes sense to use it
- by astagg, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Now that I have Library Extension, I'm not sure I can function without it. It works great and saves me tons of dough on books.
I'd love to see Carnegie Library and state university library catalogs among those available in the extension, but Idk if those are available publicly in the way that the currently included library catalogs are, so it may not be possible (yet) to include them. Other than that tiny nitpick, this is a fantastic extension and I highly recommend it.
- by hhw, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love it. and don't worry publishers & authors (except Macmillan imprints, which I'm boycotting bc of the company's library policy): I often still buy the book even when my library has a copy - before, I would often put of deciding to buy until I checked library holdings, and then I'd forget to come back to purchase. This way I have that data immediately.
- by Firefox user 14542586, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It works, but it erases the set up information when the browser closes. So I have to set it up over and over. The competing add on "Available Reads" keeps the information between restarts, so I don't know why this one doesn't.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi,
Thanks for your feedback. I've been receiving some individual reports of this behavior, but I have not been able to track down the root cause as of yet. I am actively working with users to try and identify the common behaviors (one user has indicated that it started with a recent Firefox upgrade, and has been seen on both the desktop and Android versions of Firefox) and I hope to have an answer in the very near future.