by Firefox user 15443260, 2 years ago
Rated 3 out of 5
Lastpass is a great program, if like me you have a head like a sieve for passwords, however my vault has become extremely untidy, with several duplicates for the same site and no indication of which is the currently used password. Also, when searching the vault, it does not find half the sites it has saved, for instance in the case of my yahoo email accounts, if I search for yahoo, only 1 out of the 5 accounts appear in search, however when it comes to logging, it does have them all available. Autologin is also hit and miss, some sites it will automatically log into, that is, do it with no interaction from me, with others it does not. Finally in terms of firefox, I have noticed that since I disabled Firefox from remembering my history, Lastpass will no longer automatically login into itself. Since I am the only user on my computer, this is my preferred option. Why it requires my search history in order to log into iteself automatically, I do not know, but it does make me quite suspicious. I will be exporting my passwords and looking into an alternative I think.
- by groundmerely, 3 days agoRated 2 out of 5This addon no longer works in private mode. I click the lastpass icon on the toolbar and the menu window opens below, but it is totally blank. Firefox and all addons are up to date. I tried clearing cache, uninstalling/reinstalling the addon, rebooting, etc. but it still isn't working in private mode. Please fix this!
- by abk in stl, 9 days agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using the LastPass free version for several years and it's terrific and just keeps getting better. It's so good, in fact, that I upgraded to Premium just because it's one of the handiest tools on my PC. It's home not only to my PWs, but also all kinds of information I want safely kept somewhere.
- by Lukas, 15 days agoRated 1 out of 5Do NOT use this password manager. Before you vendor-lock yourself onto this platform, look elsewhere.
I have been using it for the last 5 years now, and it's not been great.
- The UI is very clunky, it often fails to pickup on password changes, autofill doesn't work very well, it deauths you after 30 days (good!) and then forcefully grabs focus every time you start your browser (... wtf). Many of these are easy to fix, but over the last 5 years almost nothing happened here
- Given the state of the UI, I am not impressed with how this company programs. How they managed to avoid scandals w/ leaked passwords for such a long time is a mystery, but it's just a matter of time now.
I tried to file a feature request for the focus grabbing after 30 days, which is incredibly frustrating on browsers infrequently used. But you can't. I am not entitled to such things as a free user. In fact, as a free user, you are treated like
the scum of the earth.