AdOps pros industry-wide are using Firefox and Firebug daily to troubleshoot page level problems, investigate first and third party data activity, and sometimes just to learn more about how the internet really works.
At Krux Digital, we’ve taken these great tools one step further, developing a special Krux-specific Firefox / Firebug add-on called Krux Inspector. Upon download, Krux Inspector appears as a new tab in Firebug and allows you to go deeper than you ever have before in evaluating and understanding data collection activity on a given page.
What’s different about Krux Inspector is the breakthrough visualization techniques – all results presented within an intuitive, hierarchical visual framework anyone can easily navigate.
With Krux Inspector…
- Visualize the relationship of data collectors in a tree view, allowing you you to identify the Usher/Collector hierarchy.
- Easily focus on third party activity, with one-click filter options to include or exclude CSS images and files from your own domain.
- Navigate complex hierarchies with ease, expanding or collapsing sections within the tree view to easily identify specific Usher/Collector relationships.
- Explore page-level activity more efficiently, with ‘friendly name’ company identification and intuitive icons indicating the type of data collection and cookie activity that’s occurring.
- Inspect the details of response headers as well the cookies sent and received, simply by selecting the company name or the cookie icon.
- And since no analysis is ever perfect, we’re providing an easy-to-read accuracy gauge, indicating our confidence in specific hierarchy relationships based on the information we were able to gather.
With this tool, we hope to enable new levels of insight, analysis, and understanding of the who, what, when, and how of data skimming and theft.