- by Firefox user 15919748, a year agoRated 4 out of 5It's working - for alt, tab, backspace etc. Normal letter keys are not recorded at log. Or better said, log field exists, but empty. What's wrong? Using linux Mint.
2 Daniela: many thanks for support! No, I do not know what noscript is (Ok, I can google). If it's not standard Firefox packet, then it's probably not installed. Definitely it' not in the ad-on list.
Yes, enabled. Firefox 75.0 (64 bit) (Mozilla Firefox for Linux Mint - 1.0).
Thanks for support! Seems to be working all the time, but I tried adress bar only. This is an important info, that works with text inside the brownser only. Definitely log is not empty now. But currently written text was not visible, some other text is. I'll try to observe it in more detail. Thank you!
- by Firefox user 14683976, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hi, don't really get it. I can open the log file - but there are no captured keys - only something like that -
Is there any other log file? Or am i doing somthing wrong?
- by Firefox user 14620468, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5works perfectly. but where is it stored? i want to rmote access the file with the logs but i find it nowhere?Firefox no longer supports write access to individual files of a user's profile. I am bound to rely on the chrome.storage.local API instead. I suppose chrome.storage.sync instead of chrome.storage.local yields some sort of upload. That API still is a long way from remote access to a file with the logs.
- by Firefox user 13988134, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Love this addon, but since you cant view the log file directly anymore in Firefox Quantum, can you make it so that it doesnt add a blank entry into the log file twice a minute? It really should only listen for keystrokes and then add to the log when keystrokes are recorded. I can only view like the last 10 minutes of a day in with ALT+SHIFT+O when I really want the last whole day.Hi there: To set the delay between blank entries, change the variable var register_max=9 in line 7 of background.js. Try and set var register_max=100. The delay should become far longer. Hope this helps. Cheers, Dani.
- by OlivierN, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Hi, are you on twitter ?
thanks for the KL. but i'm looking for the data stored yesterday. the short k only displays the today's timestamp. sorry for my english !
byeHi Olivier: The length of the log can be extended to yesterday's data by changing the var ms variable in background.js. var ms gives the length of the log in characters. I figured than a hundred thousand characters would be enough when I developed nifty kl. How many characters do you think you need? Mind you nifty kl will get slower as the log size increases. Cheers, Daniela
Update 24 February 2018: The latest version 1.5.3 of nifty keylogger should also display data stored yesterday.
- by Coldharbour, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Perfectly working, but i have two minor issues after the quantum update:
Address bar capturing stopped working. Can you fix it?
I used to read the log directly from the filesystem, but the corresponding file (kltext.txt) is not being updated anymore. Where we should look now?Thank you for your feedback.
As for address bar capturing, are you sure previous versions provided this functionality? The issue here is that document.addlistener("keypress") relies on a document. Unfortunately, the address bar is not a document.