Rated 4.4 out of 5
4.4 Stars out of 5
- by pyl, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Excellente extension. L'autre version (beta) fonctionne très bien aussi sur les contenus nécessitant d'être authentifié au préalable (journaux avec bonnement par exemple)
- by VC, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5I don't appreciate the book advertisements coming with the add-on, which makes it look a lot like a tool to promote a nationalistic and xenophobic political ideology. Their 'about' page points to the opposite political direction so the adverts might be just bad luck for them. In either case, I don't feel comfortable using such an add-on whose primary use does not seem to be browser enhancement.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoHi VC, we do not actually run adverts in the sense I think you're thinking of. The books we list are ones we've picked out ourselves and recommend. It's a small number. I'm not aware of any of these books promoting nationalistic and xenophobic ideologies. The titles of the books which appear after sending to the Kindle completes are:
* Why are we the good guys?
* Newspeak in the 21st Century
* Understanding Power
* The Apocalypedia
* Disciplined Minds
* The Sane Society
Which of these do you believe promotes a nationalistic or xenophobic ideology?
- by Firefox user 15228370, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5I mostly want to send academic articles to my kindle with this app (several per week). But, contrary to send to kindle (which i use on chrome), this doesn't work behind a university proxy and paywall (I only get the authentification page to my university). Because of this, I keep going back to Chrome for work while I would prefer to use Firefox...
Developer responseposted 9 months agoHi there, just an update to let you know that we are now trialling the new version of Push to Kindle which sends articles directly to the service for processing. So university proxies or paywalls shouldn't be a problem any more. If you're willing to try the new version, you'll find it at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/push-to-kindle-beta/ Any feedback appreciated.
- by Firefox user 10634846, a year agoRated 4 out of 5I've been using this app for a long time and it was a big reason for my sticking with my kindle as a reading device. However, the inability to utilise the footnote function (where readers can touch/select a footnote in a page and it will appear at the bottom of the page) rather than having to go all the way to the end of the document, is a real shortcoming. I'm familiar with arguements against footnotes - i.e. that they are a distraction, but if an author inculdes them in a text it is surely because they think it important and it is then up to the reader whether s/he divert her attention from the body of the text to read the footnote or not. In any case, having to go to the back of the document to read them is a much greater distraction. It would make this addon that much more useful-- perfect, even, if it had this feature.