To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
This works even if they have yet to join Keybase. The quick summary:
• Everyone with a social network account has a Keybase inbox, *even before they join Keybase*
• You don't need to know the recipient's email address or phone number or Keybase username—just a social media username is enough
• No one (at Keybase or the social networks) can read your private exchanges
• Look for the "Keybase Chat" button on profiles around the web
• Toggle specific features in the extension options
At no point in Keybase's protocol does Keybase ever have the keys necessary to read your messages. This is end-to-end encryption, powered by the convenience of public social media usernames.
Keybase is open source, and so is this extension:
You can find the recent changes for the extension in the history of the "browser" directory.
The source code for this extension is maintained here: https://github.com/keybase/client/tree/master/browser