Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 15329613, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Just installed it to not miss streams of a youtuber, but I can't add the channel. It says: Couldn't load "UC_fYA9QRK-aJnFTgvR_4zug" for YouTube. Please make sure you are using the correct username. Using their user title doesn't work either, or full URL.
- by Firefox user 14575811, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This app is just perfect ! Minimalistic, and no need to login !!!!!!!!!!! (rare enough to have to specify it) The developper is very actif. Thank you !
- by Firefox user 14534330, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on has been fantastic overall, only issue is Youtube won't let me add my channel for seeing that information, I have my subs set to public as well and this issue still persists, however barring that one issue this is
still one of the best add-ons to use for firefox to let you know when all you favorite channels go live.
Developer responseposted a year agoFirst off thank you, glad it's (mostly) working for you. I'll have to figure out something with YouTube, currently the API rate limit for the extension is hit daily at about 18:00 UTC, so depending on your timezone you may only rarely get a chance when it actually works. If you'd like to know more, feel free to contact me via the provided support channels with the exact youtube channel you're trying to add.
Update: We've managed to resolve the youtube issue. It stemmed from the extension not supporting adding youtube subs by channel ID properly and API rate limitting.
- by FTECH, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Does its job perfectly well. Been running it for a year (I think ?) without any issues. I was just confused at the difference between adding channels and users, I still struggle when I install this addon on another machine to find which one will add only the channel I wanted. Maybe prompt the user that "You are about to add X channels to your list. Would you like to continue ?" or something would help make the difference because it's a headache to delete all followers from a channel.
Anyways, thanks for making this addon, props to you !You can remove all channels a user follows by holding Shift while removing the user. This will also remove all channels added for another user that the removed user follows, effectively also removing that user. I noticed this isn't documented on https://streamnotifier.ch/help/channels-manager/ yet, so I'll add that.
For making it more obvious what it means to add a user, I'll see if I can somehow improve the wording around adding users. I can see how the current UI doesn't make it obvious without reading the documentation, as to what the difference between a user and a channel is.
- by Loquacious1, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I only now installed this but as a vote of confidence rated it 5 stars unless it disappoints later on. For the time being the only issue I've had is in adding both of my YouTube accounts as Live Stream Notifier refuses to recognize one of them and I can't imagine why. If this is a limitation of the add-on I hope the ability to add more than one YouTube account is a feature that will be included. Maybe this is due to the problem account being through G+ and I see there is no option for Google Plus so maybe it is a linked account? Google stuff confuses me like this.Hi,
the YouTube issue may be related to one of your accounts having their subscriptions set to private. If you want a definitive answer, please contact me via the support email.
- by alexg, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5suggestions:
Add an option to go to the channel from the "channels manager" by clicking on it.
Add account names beside the name. Chinese channels have different displayed and channel names.
It adds followed by the entered username channels, when the "user" option is selected, instead of adding that username as a channel to follow (the option should be a bit more clear).
I had to go into "inspect element", then copy the names into the twitch links - to check them, because it doesn't allow going to the twitch channels directly from the UI.As the manager is for managing the channels I have opted to not have anything like that. Though I've thought about adding a way to see more details about a channel in the manager and eventually may add more information that may also include a link to the channel.
- by deja, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I've used this addon for years now and consider it the best stream notifier. However it's gotten pretty buggy. I can't remove any channels, they just reappear immediately. Even after pausing refresh, setting update interval to 0, and removing the addon completely and reinstalling. Not sure what to do, it's getting pretty annoying. Is there a time frame to when I might expect a fix?
Also, just a suggestion: would be nice to have uptime listed with the extra info in the panel.Sorry about that issue, but it sounds like something with the database for the extension is really broken. Could you try using the beta version and report back to me (preferably via the e-mail address linked as support e-mail in the add-on listing) if that fixed it? If not I fear something in your profile is damaged. Else it would be fixed in the main release version in the coming week (that's when I'm planning to release the WebExtensions version)
Thank you for the suggestion, I've opened https://github.com/freaktechnik/justintv-stream-notifications/issues/359 for it.
- by Firefox user 13319662, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Everytime I remove a channel it reappears 30 sec later...why??That's a bug most likely related to the update queue. Try pausing it (context menu on the refresh button in the panel or setting it to 0 in the options), removing the channel, waiting a bit and then re-enabling it. This will be fixed in the upcoming webextension version.
- by Dark_Ronius, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I come back to the updated Firefox Dev Edition 57.0 and now the app works like a charm!Hi
That's unfortunate. Let me know to firstname.lastname@example.org or @freaktechnik on Twitter if you'd like to solve whatever isn't working as expected. Be it adding users/channels, stream statuses not updating, notifications not showing up, I'm happy to try and find the issue.
I hope we can resolve this, since I'm not interested in bugs either.
- by Firefox user 13138122, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works perfectly well !
if i can just say something to make it even better , it would be maybe the possibility to edit a Youtube-live link toward a Youtube-gaming-live url but its not a big deal
- by Looukas, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5My suggestions: add "Favorites" tab for quick access to selected streams regardless of whether they are online or offline. Maybe add an option to display a pop-up notification only for the favorites.
- by Firefox user 12551256, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Your addon is making my life better, 10/10 would never uninstall, keep the good work :)
PS : np for livestreamer, I understand, I was just talking about the ability to execute any shell command on leftclick, not linked to livestreamer
Developer responseposted 3 years agoAs I said, being able to execute any shell command would require the user to install an additional binary on their machine. And it would require me to maintain such a binary.
I am open to suggestions to improve the new flow with copying, someone for example requested to get an access key to the context menu item. I am also looking into adding some keyboard shortcuts to the panel.
- by Firefox user 12357847, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5At first I really like this add-on and still do, but ever since using it there just have been problems over time such as the channel list not auto-updating and multiple times when updating the add-on it deletes the channels I follow. And now it has done it again. It just too much of a hassle doing this every few months.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoI sadly let through a bug every now and then (like auto update being unreliable), but it should never've just delted the channels, unless the database was corrupted (which is either Firefox crashing or something similar going wrong). However I do feel like the past few updates have been way more stable (yes, the last update had some very quick patches until everything worked again). Further I am surprised that you just got an update, since the last update has been long ago.