To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Live Stream Notifier 3.1.1 No Restart
Get a notification whenever certain channels on supported streaming services go live. Supported services include Twitch, YouTube and Hitbox. Additionally to notifications the extension provides a panel with information about the channels.
About this Add-on
You can manage the followed channels with a powerful channels manager, which lets you auto import all the channels you follow with one click, add all channels a user follows or just add a single channel. Of course it also lets you remove channels.
Sometimes you miss notifications, but thanks to the handy panel, accessed by a button, which has a red dot if any channel is live, you always have access to all the channels the extension is monitoring. You can open their archive page or refresh them. The panel has three different styles, a compact one, if you follow a lot of people, a more spaceous one and a layout with thumbnails of the live streams. Each channel has a context menu, which lets you refresh the channel's status, go directly to its chat or go to its VOD archive, if it's live. The panel has a filter function, so you can quickly find a channel. You can add the category name and viewer count, if it's supported by the network.
List of supported providers with some explanation on what they are can be found on http://jtvn.humanoids.be/providers/. They include:
If you run into a bug, please either send me an e-Mail to the support e-Mail or file an issue on GitHub.
- Feature Suggestion
Same as for Bugs.
To translate register on the babelzilla beta portal and add your translation to this project: http://beta.babelzilla.org/projects/p/jtvn/ . There is a toutorial how translations work and how you can live-test them: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers/docs/sdk/latest/dev-guide/tutorials/l10n.html about:config
A description of the about:config specific settings can be found here.
- Fix channels not getting marked as offline if Firefox has been closed for more than ten minutes
- Don't try to update the channel statuses when in offline mode
- Get game name for MLG.tv channels
- Add beam.pro provider
- Add picarto.tv provider (which is sadly broken, since picarto updated their website since this update has been queued)
- Show notification if a newly added channel is live
- Making less requests when possible
- Fix updating a specific channel from the panel context menu
- Better handling of Twitch channels with spaces in the display name
- Fix keyboard shortcuts in channels manager
- Make MLG.tv rebroadcasts optional
- Make hosted Twitch channels optional
- Update translations
- Fix some oddities with behaviour when clicking to go to a channel