- Rated 1 out of 5by Vintage Blue, 2 months agoHorrible since name changed to IronVest. I was using Blur for at least 8-9 years and never had problems. Since the name and company changed to Iron Vest I've had the most problems of passwords and wallet deleted. GONE without notice or warning. It's not like Firefox update its that you and your browser close. You will have a 80% chance your once saved passwords are gone if you don't save. I forget to save many times and that's my fault. I decided to delete after 9 years today. I had to add all passwords again for 50th (almost literally if not more) time yesterday. App never closed out or computer shut down it was just in sleep mode. Continue where I left off and less than 12 hours later all passwords are gone for no rhyme or reason. I'm done with this app, and now I have to find another. In meantime I'm going back to my tried and trusted and place all passwords in Notes section on my phone. That way I can access it via my iphone, mac, ipad and macbook. Good riddance
- Rated 1 out of 5by Zeke, 4 months agoWhen it was Blur, it was great. They completely ruined the UI experience. Extremely frustrating to use now to the point for I'm seeking to replace them with anyone else.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mr.News, 5 months agoI've been a lifetime Premium user for over a decade, and use all the features. But the new Firefox plug-in does not recognize me as a Premium member, and NONE of my accounts, passwords, or any other data are there. Looks like I have to go to the Blur dashboard and retrieve any data manually. What a mess!!
- Rated 1 out of 5by edh, 6 months agoTerrible. Tried to restart my Firefox and get rid of some other nagging issues with another extension. By clearing the browser cache, all of my passwords were wiped clean. Every single one. If I have an account, which it makes you create, all of those accounts should be tied to the account, regardless of premium or standard status. Absolutely ruined the rest of my day and possibly the rest of my year considering I will have to submit a "forgot my password" request on every single website I was using this extension on.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17941596, 6 months agoI've had this add-on for Firefox for many years and it worked perfectly...until it changed to Ironvest. My masked emails no longer forward and every single time Firefox updates, I lose EVERYTHING stored by Ironvest. If I don't back this up every time I add an account or masked email (which I don't remember to do) I have to re-import the most recent backup and reset whatever accounts have been added since. I am now actively looking for a replacement. This new version is unstable and just plain doesn't work.
- Rated 1 out of 5by User95, 6 months agoThis was a once good add-on that is now just garbage. Used to be called Blur, changed the name for no good reason and suddenly everything doesn't just work like Blur did.
Blur was great, Ironvest breaks all the time. It frequently fails to load preventing any passwords being entered that had previously been saved.
Blur had a good reputation because it worked all the time. Perhaps the developer should ditch the rebranding, ditch the new frequently non-working code and go back to being Blur and just working.
Change for changes' sake, a very foolish idea.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17886572, 7 months agoCan't even get into my account to figure out what IronVest is. Have reset my password multiple times but still no luck. Now its asking me for a 6 digit code. When I return to enter the code, the window is gone. This is totally useless anymore. I loved Blur, bu just going to give up on this. SAD.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15821632, 7 months agoDownloaded and installed, set up on line and when I go to use it, I get a box saying something to the effect version is not supported WTF??? Now, how to get rid of it
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17859476, 8 months agoIt's not working for me. I used it for masked emails and it has stopped working. Going to the website, I get a blank webpage for my old masked emails. Not good.Dear Reviewer,
We are sorry to hear that you have encountered issues with IronVest. As the VP of Product, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
We understand the importance of having a seamless and reliable experience with our product, and we are committed to providing the best possible support to ensure that our users have a positive experience. Our support team is available to assist you with this issue, and we encourage you to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate and resolve the problem.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we look forward to hearing from you so we can work together to address this matter.
VP of Product, Ironvest
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17852822, 8 months agoI can't delete any of my masked emails please fix this problem support has not help me.Dear Reviewer,
We are sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with IronVest. Unfortunately, as your review is anonymous, we are unable to locate your case and provide you with the necessary support to resolve your issue.
We take our users' feedback seriously and are committed to providing the best possible support to ensure that our users have a positive experience with IronVest. We apologize that we were not able to address your concerns in a timely manner and would like to invite you to contact our support team at email@example.com with more details about the issue you are facing.
We would be more than happy to investigate this matter further and provide you with a resolution as quickly as possible. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we appreciate your willingness to share your experience with us.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to hearing back from you.
VP of Product, Ironvest
- Rated 1 out of 5by TrueNorth, 8 months agoBlur used to be so good, and this present outfit bulked it up with features? that I'm not interested in. Over the last while this thing has thrown error messages all over the place and I'm currently somehow locked out. Support was initially interested but they seem to have disappeared.. Maybe this will be good if ironcrap trims it down and gets it stable. But not now.Dear TrueNorth,
I am sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with IronVest. As the VP of Product at Ironvest, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
We appreciate your feedback on the product, and we are constantly working to improve the user experience and make the product more customizable to our user's needs.
Regarding the error messages you have been experiencing, I would like to assure you that our support team is available to assist you. We apologize if there was any delay in our response, and we would like to encourage you to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate and resolve the issue.
We are committed to providing our users with a stable and reliable product, and we are constantly working to improve IronVest's performance. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to address any issues you may have encountered.
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
VP of Product, Ironvest
- Rated 1 out of 5by prpl62, 8 months agoThe person running IronVest is not familiar with it. Always asks for screenshots when not needed at all. Does not seem to understand my issues at all ! This program is too buggy to use. I intend to switch to a different log in manager as soon as I have the time for it. As just one example, the emails sent to my so called "masked emails" inbox don't always get to where the program allegedly stores these masked emails and their contents. So they don't get to my real email either! For this reason, I plan to give my regular emails to any entity that I had given the masked emails.Dear valued user,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our add-on. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with our product.
We would like to help you resolve these issues as soon as possible. In order to do so, we kindly request that you contact us directly at email@example.com. Our team will be more than happy to assist you with any problems you are experiencing and work to find a solution that meets your needs.
We appreciate your support of our product and look forward to hearing from you soon.
VP of Product at Ironvest
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17757802, 10 months agoMy loyalty was to blur, not ironvest, who is definitely sending this entire thing down the drain. Been using this since 2012, but now I definitely will be taking my business elsewhere.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Furious1964, a year agoSo, after being a user of Blur, I now find out that it was sold to this company called Ironvest, Inc?!?! My account was Auto Logged Out and I had to relog, BUT I didn't remember the Password. Created a new one ONLY to be asked for a FUCKING PASSPHRASE!!!! How the BLOODY HELL would I remember that when I couldn't remember my GODDAMNED PASSWORD!!! Ther was NO option to reclaim the Passphrase, so I ended up losing ALL Log-In Info!!! What a bunch of FUCKING ASSHATS to do this to there Clients. I too will be looking for something else as there wasn't even any option to contact ANYONE to get my Passphrase back!!! Bunch of right Tossers they are!!!
- Rated 1 out of 5by JoeJupa, a year agoNothing but trouble since Blur was sold to IronVest. Looking for something else... Pops up totally everywhere even for fields that don't apply to autofill. IronVest has ruined Blur ! The nags drive me up the wall... IronVest ducking contact with users whenever possible. They ruined this product.
- Rated 1 out of 5by honj90, a year agoIt was honestly a great extension just for the masked e-mail feature, I think it used to be call MaskMe or something like that. The Blur rebranding added a bunch of useless staff and made the UI a bit worse, but I continued using it. Since the Ironvest rebranding and code update it's become completely unusable, it's a 50-50 whether it will receive an e-mail or whether it will properly forward it and even if it does it takes ages. Switched to Firefox Relay and my biggest trouble is how to update all my accounts to new e-mail addresses so I never have to rely on Ironvest again.
- Rated 1 out of 5by FireFox User, 5 years agoThis company recently had its database and everyone's usernames and passwords exploited by hackers. Do NOT use this irresponsible company and software with your USERNAMES and PASSWORDS. They claim to be a security / privacy related company and yet can't secure or protect anything, not even their own databases with everyone's credentials on...SHOCKING!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!
Developer responseposted 5 years agoHi there - our notice about the potential exposure of some information about some Blur users is at https://www.abine.com/blog/2018/blur-security-update/. Please contact us at blur-support [at] getabine [dot] com with any questions or for assistance