Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by RedDwarf, 10 years agoRated 1 out of 5It used to work fairly well for me, but recently it has stopped and doesn't find anything at all. On many sites such as google search, it very rarely even show the toolbar. When it does show the toolbar saying it is searching for cheaper prices, it never finds any.
I think that this has only occurred since I updated to the latest version 3.1.5.
I installed the latest version in both Cyberfox 52.9.1, Waterfox 56.2.12 and Firefox 65.01 to try it out and it still does not find any relevant results. The best it came up with for product searches were USA $ results and that was after setting the preference to United Kingdom. After 8 years since my first review, it still does not work!! Utterly useless IMO.
- by DMiller, 10 years agoRated 3 out of 5Five stars for functionality, 1 star for tracking and non-disclosure.
Author deserves to generate income from this extension, but full disclosure is needed:
Amazon and Buy.com links are direct and only include an affiliate code.
- by humbert, 10 years agoRated 1 out of 5I've tried all these buying add-ons, and so far the best (or least worst) I've found is Similar Sites, which is not specifically for buying but has that feature as an add-on.
- by santer, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5The latest update is halted by noscript and the page has to be approved temporarily before it will shift from checking prices
The previous version was not affected this way
- by JonathanMurray, 10 years agoRated 2 out of 5Most recent update (before 4/6/2011) has made Invisible Hand display advertisements where they are not welcome... finding obscure product matches for random google searches? Not cool. Popping over my iGoogle page because I follow store RSS feeds? Not convenient. Disabling until an option is provided to exclude pages or an "on demand" toggle. Otherwise, great product (when I'm shopping!)I'm pleased to say that there are no ads in InvisibleHand. For over a year, InvisibleHand has had the option to show product notifications at the top of Google search. They're not ads, and most users find these useful. However, they are optional and can be disabled via InvisibleHand preferences in the add-ons manager.
- by m ma, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5I forgot to add in my previous review that when this app states "free shipping" and it refers the buyer to Amazon that generally Amazon "free shipping" is for purchases of $25 or more.
- by Racerblaids, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5I'd like if it were possible to put in my zip code and have it automatically retrieve and factor in s&h costs. As it is, there's a lot of bouncing around for me, finding out whether or not the addon is telling the truth about it being cheaper somewhere else. That said, good idea and good implementation! I would recommend it.
- by Stephen Nuttall, 10 years agoRated 3 out of 5Having upgraded to firefox 4 invisible hand is installed but is not working and not showing on the add-on bar.I'm pleased to say that InvisibleHand works fine in Firefox 4. Please try restarting your browser and then try this Amazon URL as an example. http://www.amazon.com/Moonwalking-Einstein-Science-Remembering-Everything/dp/159420229X/
We've chosen to not show the icon in the add-on bar because the icon had become superfluous. It did not add any functionality, and used up screen real-estate.
Happy to answer any additional questions: email@example.com
- by WayneCZ, 10 years agoRated 1 out of 5This add on caused multiple problems for me after it was added and only found out by researching on the web what was causing my Firefox browser to crash just about every time I did a search with Google. In addition to that the search results and/or some type of pop up features was all like advertising rather that what the program said it would do. But the crash problems sent the program add on over the edge for me. Once I disabled and removed this add-on the crash problems were immediately resolved and went away. It was/is extremely resource intensive, especially when you are like me with multiple tabs open and often multiple searches on the internet in process.
- by iamme99, 10 years agoRated 3 out of 5IH caused a major problem in version 2.8 for those who also use the popular TabMix Plus add-on.
This problem was acknowledged and repaired in version 2.9. But the update to version 2.9.1 brought back the problems from v 2.8.
Again, the first opened tab will no longer close and the page load on the first tab never seems to complete.
I sent an email to IH 3 days ago but have yet to receive a reply in return.
- by CoBfan1987@gmail.com, 10 years agoRated 3 out of 5The only thing that has bothered me about this addon since the early beta stages of FF4 (and still appears this way in Beta9) is that the InvisibleHand icon down in the corner appears on its own separate bar taking up valuable screen space. Please make it so that the icon appears inline with the rest of the add-on icons.
The problem can be seen here
- by Yaskier, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5Brilliant addon, but still needs some work.
Ideally it should distinguish between € EUR prices and £ POUND. I often shop on play in Euro and it shows me that certain item is cheaper on amazon.co.uk (in Pounds)...
Maybe it could also use a conversion rate to check the difference in price?
A am looking forward to the next version.
- by Jon, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5Fantastic Add-In, saves me a ton of time, when I am shopping for my tech and electronics stuff.
You will see a little alert if it finds other pricing and it is you choice whether to click on it and have a little Windows tell you the locations and pricing. Then just click and it will take you to the other vendor.
Jennifer, HOW the heck can it possibly include shipping costs and not take forever to come up and be brutal to look at ? Most places you have a choice on shipping and it varies depending on location. It can't be psychic.
- by Jennifer, 10 years agoRated 4 out of 5We always buy stuff online and this has been really great in helping us finding the best prices. I do wish that it would be able to take more into account the shipping costs though. Sometimes the lowest price doesn't include shipping, which when you add, can end up costing more than the next two or three things.
- by ReallyCleverUserName, 10 years agoRated 1 out of 5NEW VERSION IS ADWARE!!!
Excellent and useful for comparing prices. Now, however, it has become a pop-up adware machine: When I looked up "North Carolina" on Wikipedia, I got a drop-down ad urging me to "Buy Big Bubba's Guide to North Carolina BBQ at Buy.com!" No thank you -- I uninstalled the extension. If future versions include an option to omit the drop-down ads, I'll try it. Until then, NOBODY WANTS MORE ADVERTISING IN THEIR BROWSER, EINSTEIN!!!Please accept my apologies for the errant notification. InvisibleHand had mistaken that page for a book listing and shown a notification. This isn't supposed to happen, and we'll be fixing the issue within the next few days. InvisibleHand is not Adware. It only shows notifications when you're browsing a product. In this specific instance. it made an error, and we'll be fixing it imminently.