- by Kaushal Pranav, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension. Thanks. I am using this for pluralsight.com videos which have white background and none of the darkmode apps work.
One concern I have is - when I put the video in full screen mode the color inversion doesnt work. I have to do an F11 to make firefox fullscreen instead to make it work.
- by Laura, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I can't thank the dev enough for this add-on - I have a chromatic astigmatism that makes it incredibly difficult to read certain colors, particularly a color blue that seems to continuously pop up in the most inconvenient of places online. This is a lifesaver, especially since I can access it directly from the right-click menu!
- by Firefox user 14874462, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5For me, white text on a black background is very hard on the eyes. After just a few seconds of reading such text, I can see ghost images when I look away. This extension now makes those pages readable!
- by Firefox user 14180340, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 52018
I think it's easier on my eyes to have white print on black background. I tried an add-on that just darkens the browser windows, but that's just similar to the brightness adjustment on the computer.
Inverting the webpage colors changes most black-print on white-background to white-print on black-background, which is much less like staring at a light bulb. (It doesn't work on addons.mozilla.org.)
And then, if you throw in color content, the result of color inversion is a little psychedelic. I like it.
The add-on adds a little icon in the toolbar. So it's easy to turn the inversion off and on with a quick click.
Thanks to the add-on author, Max, for replying to my review. Max wrote:
> Firefox does not allow plugins to alter addons.mozilla.org pages for security reasons.
True. That's Firefox's problem :) And it's a real problem with their ALL WHITE PAGES that need color-inversion as much as anybody.
I came back to add to my previous review. One option that Invert-Colors provides is to invert-colors on the whole page -- "Except For Graphics." This is genius. For instance, you can turn eBay, which is as bright-white as any website, and turn all that white into black -- without changing the graphics of the items, if you select the option! Very groovy.
A month ago, a reviewer wrote:
> Does what it says, it inverts images witch I wish it didn't, it will also be disable when typing.
This reviewer needs to check out the options, which are located in the Add-Ons Manager. When you're on the Invert-Colors page, click on the Options tab at the top.
The reviewer also wrote
> it will also be disable when typing.
Say what? I started typing, which invokes the "Find" function in Firefox, and it did not disable Invert-Colors. Then I typed into eBay's search function, and that didn't disable Invert-Colors, either. Not on my Win7 lapotp.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThank you for the comment. Firefox does not allow plugins to alter addons.mozilla.org pages for security reasons.
Colors can also be inverted globally using the hotkey (alt+shift+r). Or only on the active tab using (alt+r).
- by grahamperrin, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5https://github.com/Max-Github/FireFoxInvertColors/issues/27
> … 0.1.6 sometimes non-effective with Firefox ESR 52.9.0 and Waterfox 56.2.5
Issue verified fixed; outdated version 0.1.4 seems to be fine with Waterfox 56.2.6. Upgrading my review from three stars, to five. Thanks!
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThis addon is not released for waterfox, I do not really know why you would expect it to be supported.
In any case waterfox is not a supported platform, I do not have time to maintain support for multiple browsers.
You are welcome to fork and maintain an addon for waterfox.