Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by GA WILLBE, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Works great on most pages .. But you have to remember to disable this if you like watching youtube videos in fullscreen mode (else you just get a blank screen).
- by Firefox user 15018726, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Works as described. There is a problem, though. It really slows down certain webpages. Especially HTML video. Videos are less video and more slide-show.
- by Firefox user 14874462, a year agoRated 5 out of 5For me, white text on a black background is very hard on the eyes. After just a few seconds of reading such text, I can see ghost images when I look away. This extension now makes those pages readable!
- by Firefox user 14471218, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Works well and doesn't break sites the way some similar extensions do. Especially like being able to not invert pictures while inverting everything else. Only request would be to add a whitelist feature. Some sites that are already dark you want to keep dark, instead of inverting them (and thus making them white). Add a whitelist option and it's perfect!
- by Firefox user 14180340, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 52018
I think it's easier on my eyes to have white print on black background. I tried an add-on that just darkens the browser windows, but that's just similar to the brightness adjustment on the computer.
Inverting the webpage colors changes most black-print on white-background to white-print on black-background, which is much less like staring at a light bulb. (It doesn't work on addons.mozilla.org.)
And then, if you throw in color content, the result of color inversion is a little psychedelic. I like it.
The add-on adds a little icon in the toolbar. So it's easy to turn the inversion off and on with a quick click.
Thanks to the add-on author, Max, for replying to my review. Max wrote:
> Firefox does not allow plugins to alter addons.mozilla.org pages for security reasons.
True. That's Firefox's problem :) And it's a real problem with their ALL WHITE PAGES that need color-inversion as much as anybody.
I came back to add to my previous review. One option that Invert-Colors provides is to invert-colors on the whole page -- "Except For Graphics." This is genius. For instance, you can turn eBay, which is as bright-white as any website, and turn all that white into black -- without changing the graphics of the items, if you select the option! Very groovy.
A month ago, a reviewer wrote:
> Does what it says, it inverts images witch I wish it didn't, it will also be disable when typing.
This reviewer needs to check out the options, which are located in the Add-Ons Manager. When you're on the Invert-Colors page, click on the Options tab at the top.
The reviewer also wrote
> it will also be disable when typing.
Say what? I started typing, which invokes the "Find" function in Firefox, and it did not disable Invert-Colors. Then I typed into eBay's search function, and that didn't disable Invert-Colors, either. Not on my Win7 lapotp.Thank you for the comment. Firefox does not allow plugins to alter addons.mozilla.org pages for security reasons.
Colors can also be inverted globally using the hotkey (alt+shift+r). Or only on the active tab using (alt+r).
- by grahamperrin, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5https://github.com/Max-Github/FireFoxInvertColors/issues/27
> … 0.1.6 sometimes non-effective with Firefox ESR 52.9.0 and Waterfox 56.2.5
Issue verified fixed; outdated version 0.1.4 seems to be fine with Waterfox 56.2.6. Upgrading my review from three stars, to five. Thanks!This addon is not released for waterfox, I do not really know why you would expect it to be supported.
In any case waterfox is not a supported platform, I do not have time to maintain support for multiple browsers.
You are welcome to fork and maintain an addon for waterfox.
- by Firefox user 14448011, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Your extension broke facebook page. Dialog message falls down of window viewportIf you need to add special support for website that are not following standards, you are more than welcome to do so. The original design is to have a simple plugin, so works with website that I use.
You are more than welcome to fork the code and change the functionality to suite your needs. This is an open source project, that you can easily copy.