Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
I'd like to thank the recent people to donate: Roy Oswald, Grace A Myers, susan coyne and Claus Ditlev Sorensen.
Thank you, I really appreciate this!
- Fixed remote poster loading. Meaning you can fully use the preview from non-IMDb sites again.
- Fixed the cast and films links in the preview.
- Fixed display of "/10" rating. Shows "awaiting 5 votes" instead.
- Fixed regression in cast from series.
- Widen supported links to include redirects. Please report in the forum if too wide.
- And thank you Carl Boudreau (x2!), Alberto Goldani (x2!), Michael Dougherty, Keith Metcalfe - for your recent generous donations!
2. Removed the new line in plot and minibio (caused by recent IMDb changes).
3. Set the font and color to arial 13 black. Solves unwanted style influence by remote sites. And more compact.
4. Added a mouse cursor on poster. Should clarify that clicking it toggles the text.
5. Pushed version to 0.6.x to "help" the users of the unofficial 0.6 version, to finally upgrade.
And thank you Klemen Bacak, Alberto Goldani, Carl Boudreau, King Laurence, Judith Mair, darryl cashio (tnx again!), Udo Schweikart, Jeremy Goodell - for your recent generous donations!
2. Fixed preview not working on bolded links. (bug #19542)
And thank you Mark Stumpf and Siva Thason for your recent generous donations!
2. Fixed a bug with MyMovies not working when user changes the amount of titles appearing in the movie list.
3. Fixed address of non English IMDb sites. MyMovies and Preview will now work again on these domains.
4. Added an "update" and "welcome" pages after install.
1. Cast showed the characters names instead of the actors names.
2. Filmography showed films from the "In Development" section.
3. Ratings stopped showing.
Happy Birthday America!
# Fixed bug 19019 - Cast links are now absolute.
# Fixed bug 19541 - FF3 will now also display extension's images.
# Removed unused images.
* Added support to FF3.
* Possible slowness in usage with FF3. Please notify me if you encounter such problems.
# Fixed a hidden bug which might prove useful in the future, if and when IMDb changes their layout again.
# Added a donation link in the help section.
# The preview background color is now changeable.
* Added display options. You can now disable any field you want.
* Fixed "mini bio" to fit to a recent small change in IMDb layout.
* You can now change the number of actors and films showing in the preview.
* Options window now has its very own "apply" button. :)
* Re-enabled the showing of the loading icon.
* Fixed bug when birthplace info is available while birthdate is not.
* Only left clicking the poster will toggle the info div.
* Loading a preview will now wait for the closure of the previous preview. Thus solving a bug when quickly switching between links.
* Re-enabled the error sign. The last fix should make this step much less needed.
* Actor's previews will now be "cleaned" of the previous preview too.
* Options window now contains a note, referring users to the forum to report IMDb layout changes.
* The poster displays an optional tooltip for the "toggle info div" feature.
* Will now also retrieve number of votes and top 250 rank.
* Replaced the "IPRE" icon to one that includes the words "IMDb Preview".
* Change log can now be viewed from the options window.
0.4dev.1 - 08/03/2007
* Fixed bug that allowed entire page to be previewed, when the specific wanted information was not found.
* Suited the retrieval of the information to the new IMDb layout.
* The first 3 actors are now in the preview.
* Added filmography to actor's preview, currently limited to latest 5 films.
* Added a border to the preview.
* Labels are bolded.
* Now birth date & place only shows the actor's birth year and country, and contains no link.
* Clicking the poster toggles the information.
* The information toggle status is remembered.
0.4a - 13/08/2006
* Added: Movies now also preview: title, rating, first cast member, plot.
* Added: Actors now also preview: name, birthdate, minibio.
* Added: The new information is in its own scrollable div.
* Added: New information's div size is changeable in pref win.
* Added: Hide delay. You can leave the preview and get back to it before it's gone.
* Changed: "Check html" is not limited anymore by minimum or maximum times.
* Changed: No poster timeout.
* Changed: Removed start & stop check, poster timeout settings.
* Changed: Stats now includes complete html loading only. And it's available in console only.
* Changed: Clicks won't cause hiding of preview.
* Changed: No loading indicator.
* Changed: Preview will appear as loading starts. Will not wait for information to be found or loaded.
* Changed: No error indicators. Hopefully we won't need them anymore. :)
* Changed: When poster not sent, will show IMDb's image.
No changes in functionality.
04/06: Poster timeout after 3000ms. Changeable.
03/06: Improved check html.
03/06: Will load only jpg/gif/png poster.
03/06: Added a new "unknown error" icon. Hopes not to use it ;)
03/06: Preview will not terminate when hovering over it.
03/06: Poster doesn't "jump" anymore when mouse isn't in the upper-left screen
03/06: Added a nice background to loading indicator
03/06: Added detailed tooltips to options window.
03/06: Can disable movie and/or actor links with -1.
03/06: Can control movie and actor delays separately.
03/06: Last load time stats are availible from the options win too.
03/06: Can control "check html" from the options win.
29/05: Dumps more times allowing you to compare speed performances.
29/05: Check html - Loads only the html it needs. Saves some loading time.
27/05: The extension now has its own icon. :-)
added: Shows "Poster Not Submitted" when poster isn't availible.
added: Shows "404" when target is N/A.
added: Pref window tooltip.
changed: Debug dumps are now optional and false by default.
changed: Default halt time decreased to 200ms.
bugfix: Moving to another page while a preview is shown caused the extension to fail.
bugfix: Loading indicator will show regardless of theme.
bugfix: All IMDb subdomains are now valid. (Noticed by DoctorMaligno, tnx)
bugfix: Links not ending with "/" are now also valid.
* Added preferences window.
* Added loading indicator.
* Preview only shows when on the link.
* Preview is positioned relative to page/mouse.
* Loading indicator doesn't show with some themes. No problem with default theme.