- by Firefox user 14265922, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5The add-on would be great, if the shortcuts work properly. Unfortunately, they are either doesn't work at all or just working on add-on settings page. Sometimes they start working on another pages too, for a brief period of time, than stop. Something is broken there.
Please, fix it and it would be 5 stars! (or advise, what might be the problem). I've checked on two different computers with two different accounts - the issue is the same.
- by Firefox user 13528185, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Unfortunately, this add-on doesn't work on wired.com video.
- by J. Beebe, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5The only image blocker I have found that works reliably. Also blocks/hides other types of media such as video which is a huge plus. Developer, keep up the great work!
- by Shumone, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Good useful extension. One hurdle, Should have been able to create Black List and not White List as Black List will be less in comparison to White List.
Reviewing the add-on as the developer is not interested to listen to users.
- by Firefox user 13939941, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5In our age of excessive, aggressive internet porn, this app is a must have for the weak like me who spend almost the whole day online. Thank you so much! If I eventually make it to heaven, I owe a lot to this app. May God bless you guys! Now I can visit unknown sites without any risk.
- by Firefox user 13927764, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Good extension - crappy keyboard shortcuts.
This extension overrides the Firefox's default keyboard shortcut for tab navigation (Cmd/Ctrl+1, Cmd/Ctrl+2 etc)
Very very painful to use if you are used to using keyboard based navigation on Firefox.
[update 5-Apr-2018] Thank you for responding. May I suggest: A simple config option would be to completely disable the keyboard shortcuts - lest they conflict around with some users having custom shortcuts. Also blocking Audio when blocking the video is another thing worth 5 star reviewIn the next update, I've changed the shortcuts. Should solve the problem.
[update 8-Apr-2018] The shortcuts can not be programmatically changed in Firefox v59 - current version.
The Media Block option that blocks video and audio will be in the next version of add-on.
Thank you for your suggestion.
- by Andre Bell, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Just as others have said, this doesn't block videos from loading or playing. It only blocks you from being able to see the videos that are playing. The videos still take up memory and the audio still plays. I'm looking for an app that functions as well as disabling media.autoplay.enabled, but on a play-to-click basis. Autoloaded videos I have no interest in while scrolling webpages are a waste of everyone's bandwidth.
- by FFclassic, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great replacement of the old extension. Seems to work very well!
It might be good to have some settings to decide what happens when pressing the button, to have an option to disable or enable just by clicking in the icon. In mobile Firefox (Android), it's a bit annoying to enable and disable because instead of having a tick, it opens a page to enable or disable the images...
- by Firefox user 13681498, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5The only one that I found working after trying many others. If the icon changes to indicate the image blocked / unblocked state, it would be better. Five stars for functionality.
- by Firefox user 13273961, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5excellent. Not only does it work well, it seems to be the only plug in to do so. I have tried several and videos continued to play.
In Firefox it is important to also stop html5 autoplay through settings: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1141200