To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Inspired by parts of Opera 12's fast forward. (You can use Space Next to get the rest of its functionality)
You can use Ctrl Shift Space to iterate through embedded images on for example The Big Picture and Ctrl Space to iterate through the images linked on for example reddit's wallpaper topic. Once you've reached the end, the index page will be loaded again.
Similar extensions are:
- Pressing Ctrl Space and Ctrl Shift Space will cause Image Forward to try to extract image URLs from the current page. If there are any, the tab is set into iteration mode and the first image is loaded. Pressing them again will load the next one. Ctrl Shift B ends the iteration mode and loads the initial page.
- For fullscreen, simply press F11 to enable the browser's native fullscreen functionality
- You can use the back/forward browser functionality to go one image back at a time and then again forward until you reached the last image loaded with the above keyboard shortcuts. If there are many images on on a page, you might have to adjust browser.sessionhistory.max_entries to make this work as this setting effectively restricts the times you can go back in history. If you go back beyond the first image or load a new page, the iteration mode is ended.
- You can configure the keyboard shortcuts using the Customizable Shortcuts extension.
- You can use mouse gestures with for example FireGestures where you can hook up gImageForward.iterateImages(), gImageForward.iterateImageLinks() and gImageForward.abortIteration()
- You can use about:config to modify extensions.imageforward.linkURLRegExp to control which links count as images. To not include 1 pixel images or other small images when cycling through embedded images, there is a setting for minimum width and height: extensions.imageforward.minHeight and extensions.imageforward.minWidth(doesn't effet cycling through image links as their size is unknown before loading them).
- Image links are simply loaded as if they where clicked upon, embedded pictures as if you'd have used View Image from context menu. Thus, you can combine Image Forward with other extensions like SlightlyEnhancedImageView.
You can report bugs or make feature requests on Github or to the support email.
Patches are welcome.