To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
P.S. The never-reviewed prior versions' notes are accumulated below (AMO is saying it's short of admin reviewers required for updates like these, but that they should get the queue of such updates taken care of soon) .
Version 0.5.2 (2015/09/22):
* Official Mozilla releases no longer support binary XPCOM components, so IA now falls back to JS-CTypes if native XPCOM doesn't work out (although they are not common, it still can in custom builds), thus the addon should now function without having to update for each major Firefox release (this has been confirmed to be the case for Firefox 42.0a2 on Linux, & this will be tested as time goes on Windows as well).
* Although it's not officially released yet, this release also includes a library for WIN64.
P.S. Note: because AMO never reviewed v0.5.1 before 0.5.2 was submitted, that version is no longer visible on AMO (because AMO disables unreviewed versions upon submittal of new ones).
Version 0.5.1 (2015/08/12):
* Firefox 40 compatibility update.
* A new feature has been added: fallback to JS-CTypes if native XPCOM doesn't work out, so the addon should eventually function without having to update for each major Firefox release.
P.S. Xulrunner SDK for Firefox 40 on Windows, required to build the native code, was fixed only after 40.0 release, hence the delay in an update usable on Windows:
P.P.S. Note: because AMO never reviewed v0.4-gecko39 before 0.5 was submitted, that version is no longer visible on AMO (because AMO disables unreviewed versions upon submittal of new ones).
Version 0.4-gecko39 (2015/06/21):
* Firefox 39 compatibility update.
- background images
- images that have an image map (these can also be one-click-saved w/o opening just as plain images can)
* Also Firefox 38 compatibility update.
* Enhancement: image-viewer is now configurable (using extensions.imageassistant.path.image-viewer sub-preferences in about:config page; UI for this to be provided later on)
* Also Firefox 37 compatibility update (with the rebuilt XPCOM component).
* This version also resolves a couple of bugs that were originally present in version 0.3-gecko37 in Windows-specific XPCOM component.
* Also resolves occasional input stream read errors resulting from code change that was made based on misleading XPCOM documentation and ambiguous comments in some xulrunner source.
* Also resolves an error resulting from refactoring of some JS code.
* Updated for compatibility with Firefox 31 (slightly tweaked and rebuilt the XPCOM component).
1. Firefox 17 compatibility (rebuilding the XPCOM component).
1.1. Component has been renamed from ImageLauncher to ImageAssistant.
1.2. Component method used for opening the image has been renamed from Launch to OpenImage.
1.3. .xpt file has been regenerated, because the XulRunner SDK required it during build.
2. Users that try to install Image Assistant on 64-bit Linux despite the fact that it's documented that Image Assistant isn't supported on 64-bit Linux, will now see in the error message that their platform isn't supported.
1) Firefox 14 compatibility.
2) Fix for bug 24974:
Addons' native Windows component build linker configs have to be updated for them to be compatible with a security-enhancing change made for Firefox 13+: otherwise a linking error occurs on 64-bit Windows (WOW64).