Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
** Secondary path defaults to ia/ under OS-specific temporary directory.
** extensions.imageassistant.path.images.secondary.reflect-path-on-ui setting can be used to toggle displaying folder path snippet on UI.
* Added custom viewer config for Windows 10.
** Changed release detection to use numeric comparisons (instead of string-based ones).
* Fix for bug 26244: support for multiple %S args in viewer launching command.
* Enhancement: everything between a matching pair of "s is included in the same arg (on Windows "s are passed on as part of the arg).
* Added basic command pre-processing: trimming, & coalescing spaces/tabs.
* Added basic command validation (using <regex> in native code (C++11 (C++14))).
* Changed default image saving path to #OS_PIC/ia (where IA-specific #OS_PIC denotes OS-specific Pictures folder).
* Changed directory service definition sentinel to '#' (used to be '$').
* Added multiProcessCompatible setting of true in install.rdf.
* Explicitly setting user read-write (500) permissions for downloaded images (error returned if this fails).
* Now using ellipsis instead of ... char sequence in UI.
* Default image viewer on Linux is now eog.
* Now using noexcept(false) instead of dynamic exception specifications in native code (C++11).
* Performance-improving tweaks (in particular, for changes made for e10s (expected to be made available with Firefox 46 in stable channel, but now available in alpha channel)):
- Frame script is only loaded once per tab now (ensuring that we get only 1 notification per event, and send only 1 message to overlay (IA client)).
- There's now a service managing IA prefs (clearing initialization pref as needed, and notifying IA clients abouts changes for pref cache updates (which should perform slightly better for possible enhancements in the future)).
* Improved code re-use & robustness via re-usable logging module, etc.
* Also added l10n for a couple of alerts.
* Avoid oops if someone tries to config & use a relative download folder path (which is ambiguous), & show an error dialog.
* Catch IO errors in JS, & gracefully handle them.
P.S. The never-reviewed prior versions' notes are accumulated below (AMO said it was short of admin reviewers required for updates like these, but that they should get the queue of such updates in a good shape "soon") .
Version 0.5.4 (2015/10/17):
* Crash (for non-existing image-viewer case) & memory leak fixes for Linux.
* Faster conversion of data from JS type to type compatible with native call.
* JS-CTypes libraries are now packaged only once.
* Gracefully handle BG images with e10s on (although by default e10s is off at present).
Version 0.5.3 (2015/09/27):
* Profiles whose names contain non-ASCII characters (which v0.5.2 had an issue with) are now also supported (while loading JS-CTypes library).
Version 0.5.2 (2015/09/22):
* Official Mozilla releases no longer support binary XPCOM components, so IA now falls back to JS-CTypes if native XPCOM doesn't work out (although they are not common, it still can in custom builds), thus the addon should now function without having to update for each major Firefox release (this has been confirmed to be the case for Firefox 42.0a2 on Linux, & this will be tested as time goes on Windows as well).
* Although it's not officially released yet, this release also includes a library for WIN64.
P.S. Note: because AMO never reviewed v0.5.1 before 0.5.2 was submitted, that version is no longer visible on AMO (because AMO disables unreviewed versions upon submittal of new ones).
Version 0.5.1 (2015/08/12):
* Firefox 40 compatibility update.
* A new feature has been added: fallback to JS-CTypes if native XPCOM doesn't work out, so the addon should eventually function without having to update for each major Firefox release.
P.S. Xulrunner SDK for Firefox 40 on Windows, required to build the native code, was fixed only after 40.0 release, hence the delay in an update usable on Windows:
P.P.S. Note: because AMO never reviewed v0.4-gecko39 before 0.5 was submitted, that version is no longer visible on AMO (because AMO disables unreviewed versions upon submittal of new ones).
Version 0.4-gecko39 (2015/06/21):
* Firefox 39 compatibility update.
- background images
- images that have an image map (these can also be one-click-saved w/o opening just as plain images can)
* Also Firefox 38 compatibility update.
* Enhancement: image-viewer is now configurable (using extensions.imageassistant.path.image-viewer sub-preferences in about:config page; UI for this to be provided later on)
* Also Firefox 37 compatibility update (with the rebuilt XPCOM component).
* This version also resolves a couple of bugs that were originally present in version 0.3-gecko37 in Windows-specific XPCOM component.
* Also resolves occasional input stream read errors resulting from code change that was made based on misleading XPCOM documentation and ambiguous comments in some xulrunner source.
* Also resolves an error resulting from refactoring of some JS code.
* Updated for compatibility with Firefox 31 (slightly tweaked and rebuilt the XPCOM component).
1. Firefox 17 compatibility (rebuilding the XPCOM component).
1.1. Component has been renamed from ImageLauncher to ImageAssistant.
1.2. Component method used for opening the image has been renamed from Launch to OpenImage.
1.3. .xpt file has been regenerated, because the XulRunner SDK required it during build.
2. Users that try to install Image Assistant on 64-bit Linux despite the fact that it's documented that Image Assistant isn't supported on 64-bit Linux, will now see in the error message that their platform isn't supported.
1) Firefox 14 compatibility.
2) Fix for bug 24974:
Addons' native Windows component build linker configs have to be updated for them to be compatible with a security-enhancing change made for Firefox 13+: otherwise a linking error occurs on 64-bit Windows (WOW64).