To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
The only addon in this category with the feature to enable searching local files from the computer.
iGoogle is rewritten as a WebExtension. If you prefer the version 1.7, you can continue using it (and disable upgrades) which should work with Firefox older than v57.
Due to lack of file-system API, v2.0 will have a Sidebar (FF54+) for Dropbox and file upload for the local files.
- Multi Process Compatible
- Sidebar with Drag/Drop and File-Upload
- New Tab is opened next to current one and in background
- Option to open the result Tab in Foreground (v2.2) (default is Background)
- Works on any site or images on a local web documents opened by the browser (as long as the image source is supported)
Supported image sources are:
- Web Images: src starting with http/https
- Data URI: src starting with data:image (v1.3)
- Local Images: src starting with file:/// (v1.3)
(AFAIK the only addon in its category with this feature)
Note: Instead of uploading a large image, you will get the same result faster from a small thumbnail
- Holding the 'Ctrl' key (Win/Linux) or 'Cmd' (Mac) (v1.4) will open the search result tab in the background (v 1.3) (v1.2 used 'shift' key)
- New tab will be inserted relative to the current tab (v1.3)
This addon is developed and tested on Firefox/Windows.
Please let me know how it does on other versions, platforms and applications.