- by kkc, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Nice add-on. Thank you!
Best used with a cookie manager that automatically deletes cookies for all domains unless whitelisted e.g. Cookie AutoDelete. This way, if this add-on has to "accept all", then the cookies will be deleted after tab closes!
One suggestion: it would be useful to be able to whitelist a domain / subdomain directly from the "I dont care about cookies" icon, i.e. you visit a website and then clicking on the icon allows you to whitelist directly without having to enter into an editor like dialog.
Failing this, some examples of how to list domains in the whitelist window would help e.g. can one use *.amazon.* or *amazon* for all amazon related sites as for these I would not want cookies to be limited or deleted. And neither do I want to explicitly list 4-5 amazon website e.g. amazon.de, amazon.co.uk, amazon.com...
- by Firefox user 16867094, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5That is a great extension, but how can I install it on android? AFAIK it's supposed to be available on this platform?
Edit: thanks for your reply, that sucks from Mozilla, but I appreciate your time.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoFirefox for Android now allows only a handful of manually picked extensions. Firefox Nightly allows installing extensions, primarily for testing, but the procedure is a bit complicated. I tried it and it works well: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2020/09/29/expanded-extension-support-in-firefox-for-android-nightly/
- by gg69, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Thank you for this great addon! On your Homepage you write: "... sometimes it will accept ALL and sometimes only necessary cookie categories, depending on what's easier to do..." => User should get the ability to choose about accepting ALL cookies or even not...
- by bsdaddict, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Good addon. However, just today I realized that it can break some functionality on sites. Specifically, a live chat widget wouldn't load on a particular site until I whitelisted the site. I can provide more details if you wish, but I'd prefer to send them via email...
- by Seth, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Extension seems to do as advertised. \(^-^)/
Quite happy with it, learnt about this extension a while back but avoided it as I'm not comfortable with the idea of blindly closing or possibly accepting cookies.
Changed my mind since I have so many other privacy focused extensions that prevent loading adverts, external resources, or block cookies, that I figured it might be fine to install this, and any tracking elements will hopefully get blocked anyway.
Just wish the code was on hosted where users could contribute or post issues, like GitLab or GitHub.
- by Daniel, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5New: Yes sorry, I misunderstood the reporting-system, thanks for fixing it, works fine now!
Old: Why isn't this addon available for Firefox on Android?? Those cookie permission popups on every damn german website are annoying as hell -.-
- by Invisible, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works perfekt especially in combination with addon "no-script". Don't know what "I dont't care about cookies" does exactly allow or disallow - but it doesn't matter because no-script does the rest. Perfect Plug-in duo - feels like Internet in 2005 again. Thank you so much!
- by Bert, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very good, does its job very well. I have used it now for a long time and I am very happy. Just a small dissatisfaction concerning the google webpage lately: Since a few weeks or so, the google warning is loaded for a few seconds, then it vanishes. Could this be due to a technical change on the google webpage ... ? Apart from this minor issue, my experience with the add-on is very good. Browsing on the web feels *much* more convenient.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoYes, Google changed its warning. It loads for a while and then it's automatically accepted by the extension. The warning has been built in such a way that the extension can't really do anything else to get rid of it.
- by Antarès, a year agoRated 4 out of 5hello, what happened to the functionality that allowed us to accept the strict necessary for the proper functioning of the sites? because it's good to hide the cookie popup but some sites gray the page until we have accepted the cookies and the addon does not allow to remove this gray.