- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14060465, 20 days agoBetreiber verkündet rotzfrech, dass sie an Avast verkauft wurden, ausgerechnet an Avast, die private Daten der Nutzer an Dritte verkauft haben und deswegen Erweiterung von Firefox und Chrome gesperrt wurden. Also lieber deinstallieren, denen kann man nicht trauen! Das Add-on ist verbrannt!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12888370, 20 days agoMy favourite add-on, together with uBlock Origin. Unfortunately, has sold out to commercial data-grabbing interests (Avast). Do NOT use this addon if you value any sort of privacy. Untrustworthy, and should lose its 'recommended' label ASAP.
Furthermore, I don't buy the developer's argument that the add-on still does what it's supposed to do. The goal of accepting minimal cookies is to minimize privacy concerns. A useless and, frankly, absurd feature when the new ownership has quite the shady past in the data mining department.
- Rated 1 out of 5by n-Heptan, 20 days agoSadly this addon can't be trusted anymore. I know that the development of addons isn't really financially viable and that the addon will still work in the future. But selling out to a company like avast is really a punch in the face.
avast is such a trustworthy company that at one point firefox forbid their addons on this browser (german news article): https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Mozilla-blockiert-Firefox-Addons-von-Avast-und-AVG-4602939.html
"They show that the Avast antivirus program installed on a person's computer collects data, and that Jumpshot repackages it into various different products that are then sold to many of the largest companies in the world." (https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjdkq7/avast-antivirus-sells-user-browsing-data-investigation)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Sigma, 20 days agoA brilliant add-on that now simply can't be trusted as the developer sold it to Avast, a company with a shady history of selling user data to third parties, including browsing history, Google Maps GPS co-ordinates, lists of watched YouTube videos etc.
Just Google for "Avast user data" and you'll see why this acquisition is not great news for users of this add-on.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Morgan, 20 days agoSorry but can't use it after being acquired by Avast. You can add a list to Ublock though https://www.i-dont-care-about-cookies.eu/abp/
Maybe if you open-sourced it people would reconsider