To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Hugo Search All Tabs 0.1.16 Requires Restart
by Kevin Jones
Search all loaded tabs- similar to Find in Tabs, etc. except has much more functionality. This is a comprehensive tool designed for doing research. Please see screen shots and description.
About this Add-on
- Show search results in context - from 50 to 2000 characters
- Easily set tabs to be ignored in a search
- Easily set tabs to be selected in a preferred search
- Set filters to ignore certain URLS, from list of common search pages (eg, google, etc), or define your own
- Inverted search - list tabs where match was not found
- Toggle results between full results display or titles only
- Search within results - After performing a search, further refine your search by searching for other terms only within those results. This is multi-layered, so you can refine even more by searching within those results, ad infinitum.
- Use Hugo in either the sidebar or in bottom panel
- Click on result to switch to corresponding tab and scroll to where the result was found on the page, also highlighting it.
- Click on title to switch to corresponding tab.
- Select between "Find as You Type" or search on demand. Can set the timeout for FAYT.
- "Speed Search" - allows you to bypass copy and paste steps - just select text in Firefox and initiate a search with key command.
- Companion functionality with All Tabs Helper addon is available when All Tabs Helper is installed.
This is an abbreviated list. Please see user's guide for full details and screen shots.
- Open Tools menu: Tools > Hugo > Open Hugo. You may also add a Toolbar button from View > Toolbars > Customize... - or you can open Hugo with keystroke alt - ctrl/cmd + H (see manual for more details)
- On first opening, panel will open in the sidebar
- You can switch to bottom panel (and back) from context menu (right-click anywhere in the hugo panel)
- You can close Hugo by clicking "close panel" in the right-click context menu. (If you are in bottom mode, you can also click the "x" button in the upper right-hand corner of panel. If you are in sidebar mode, you can just close the sidebar)
Please see user's guide for full instructions on exploiting Hugo's functionality.
Known Issues (these are issues that maybe I shall deal with some time):
- Unable to use Findbar's "Highlight All" in conjunction with highlighting done by Hugo when clicking on search result
Hugo will not work in multi-process mode. There are no plans to at this
point to change this in the current XUL version of this addon, since
it would require a lot of code changes in a version of this addon which
will be obsolete in just a few months.
See "NOTICE REGARDING MOZILLA'S PLANS TO IMPLEMENT WEBEXTENSIONS":
for more details.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 0.1.6a2015051903