- by Firefox user 15746843, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5The savings thru Honey was the same as the discount from the supplying company, so Honey was of no use on this purchase. However, since they have saved on other purchases, I gave them an average rating.
- by Firefox user 15367288, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It does what claims to, but be prepared for MAJOR lag as it compares prices and whatever. I'm not kidding, it will render your shopping websites NEARLY unusable. I've taken to disabling the add-on until I need it to do it's thing. On Chrome, you can right-click the extension in the toolbar to disable/enable it, but Firefox requires you to go to the Add-ons manager. That adds a step that I'd rather avoid.
So, the performance/responsiveness hit costs it two stars. Otherwise it is useful for checking prices and finding/using promo codes. YMMV
- by Firefox user 13497118, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on has changed a lot in the last few years. I was one of it's early adopters before any of the Honey Gold. Unfortunatly, it doesn't seem to work as well as it used to which is a shame and rather odd because you would think with a bigger community, they would get far more promo codes. However, I reinstalled Honey two weeks ago after a gap of about 2 years and each time I have needed it to find me a promo code it hasn't been able to which is disappointing because each time I managed to find discounts on my own. I reviewing Honey now because I have just used it again. This time I had already added my own promo code but I decided to give Honey a whirl to see if it could improve on my discount. I didn't think it could and I was right, it couldn't but the cheeky little add-on claimed my promo code as it's own telling me it had found me a £3.75 discount when it hadn't. Bit dishonest I thought. Hence the 3 stars given.
Anyway, Honey is still worth having inside Firefox but I choose to disable it and only reenable it when I need it.
- by Firefox user 13729557, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Since having this on my PC I thought I would of earnt more points than I have so far buy as its something for nothing I cant complain. Its helped with a few items but not as many as I thought. Most of the time the code I have found or been given by the site I am on is usually the best one as it is so I think that honey has not earnt me that much I seem to get just a few points here and there just for usuing it.
- by Firefox user 13973100, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I love honey for the most part. They do help with coupons and massive bargain finding but lately I have noticed that it takes FOREVER to get your points. I use honey for everything I do on the net but recently I was wondering why I wasn't getting my points. When I looked it up it states it waits on the vendor (the one you purchase from) to verify that you actually bought something and that you didn't return it. Ultimately the vendor decides when you get your points which really sucks. I have points that are a month and a half old that is waiting on the final approval from the vendor. That isn't fair. You pretty much know quite quickly if something is going to be returned so why do I have to wait so long to get my points. I want to recommend Honey as I do love the concept but I am getting very dismayed that at this point I have over 1400 points that are almost two months old to get the final approval for. I mean if you want your points pretty quickly Honey for me is becoming a no go. Otherwise I love everything else just wished they would change their policy on this.