- Rated 3 out of 5by Jimeth, 2 years agoConcept is good and the addon is not invasive in any way, but i've saved 5 dollars off a single purchase in the 2 years i've had it installed. The savings are few and far between.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15746843, 3 years agoThe savings thru Honey was the same as the discount from the supplying company, so Honey was of no use on this purchase. However, since they have saved on other purchases, I gave them an average rating.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15367288, 3 years agoIt does what claims to, but be prepared for MAJOR lag as it compares prices and whatever. I'm not kidding, it will render your shopping websites NEARLY unusable. I've taken to disabling the add-on until I need it to do it's thing. On Chrome, you can right-click the extension in the toolbar to disable/enable it, but Firefox requires you to go to the Add-ons manager. That adds a step that I'd rather avoid.
So, the performance/responsiveness hit costs it two stars. Otherwise it is useful for checking prices and finding/using promo codes. YMMV
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13497118, 3 years agoThis add-on has changed a lot in the last few years. I was one of it's early adopters before any of the Honey Gold. Unfortunatly, it doesn't seem to work as well as it used to which is a shame and rather odd because you would think with a bigger community, they would get far more promo codes. However, I reinstalled Honey two weeks ago after a gap of about 2 years and each time I have needed it to find me a promo code it hasn't been able to which is disappointing because each time I managed to find discounts on my own. I reviewing Honey now because I have just used it again. This time I had already added my own promo code but I decided to give Honey a whirl to see if it could improve on my discount. I didn't think it could and I was right, it couldn't but the cheeky little add-on claimed my promo code as it's own telling me it had found me a £3.75 discount when it hadn't. Bit dishonest I thought. Hence the 3 stars given.
Anyway, Honey is still worth having inside Firefox but I choose to disable it and only reenable it when I need it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13729557, 3 years agoSince having this on my PC I thought I would of earnt more points than I have so far buy as its something for nothing I cant complain. Its helped with a few items but not as many as I thought. Most of the time the code I have found or been given by the site I am on is usually the best one as it is so I think that honey has not earnt me that much I seem to get just a few points here and there just for usuing it.