- by .eb, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Can it save you money ? YES.
Is it a great experience ? HELL NO.
This HONEY user experience could be built so much better.
1. STOP pinning the price change button to the first non-white OR non-transparent pixel in the preview image!!!. That stupid button blocks key portions of the image and turning the plugin off and on is a serious hassle!!!
-- Why not use the top corner of the browser instead..you know..OUT OF THE WAY PERHAPS!? duh.
2. The coupon list feature and process is so basic and blundered that I feel like this was made by a kid.;
A. Allow us to select which to try from the list (to save time and so we can ensure we're getting the best deal because the Honey Algorithms do F*CK up at times.
Nothing is worse than waiting 4 minutes for Honey to run through a dozen coupon codes that we know won't work... let us customize the selection set of codes that will be processed/attempted! duh.. This would be a preference selection for people with brains to use.
B. After the list is processed, provide details on what the code did. - Example:
• HOLIDAYS20 : -$8 on your order
• FlannelTopA : $0 / NULL
• SantaSled : FREE SHIPPING
3. The Code List provided has generic labels for products.. Example for Amazon; when you see the list of codes, it says "Save 40% on letter changeable boards" ... YOU SHOULD LINK IT TO BOARDS FOR WHICH THE SYSTEM KNOWS THE COUPON WORKS !! -- I searched that item and tried 3 different items of that type before frustration caused me to give up.
There many more things.. but I don't have all day for this..
- by Generic User 6 without the 9, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5The app works, sort of. When using Honey on websites like papajohns, it'll apply a bunch of different codes, then be stuck on a pure white screen. I'm not sure if it worked there. On Ebay, it doesn't seem to even allow you to try different coupon codes, as clicking the icon brings up a menu that I guess allows you to 'follow' ebay, whatever that means, something about .1-2% rewards, which I don't understand, and a link to find out what kind of shopper I am.
Not sure if this pluggin works, but it does something, I guess.
(It has saved me $5 from ordering online from papajohns)
- by FeynGirl42, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I know the rest of the world loves this but it seldom saves me more than an almost insulting $.01 What's worse is after Honey tries (and usually fails) with their codes I can generally find something better in under a minute on RetailMeNot or other similar sites. I fear Honey may give people a false sense of security by assuring them all valid codes have been tried when in reality a little more effort will yield bigger savings. I'll keep it on my browser and see if it improves but so far you can color me unimpressed.
- by Haf, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5While it saved me money twice, it lost me money twice too.
It isn't always up to date, especially for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, and its automatic behavior wiped out a much larger discount in one case.
Mediocre at best.
- by The_Mick, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I tried this over a year ago and was disappointed: the better prices on Amazon were few and often referred to products not exactly the same.
I just tried it again and went through my extensive wish lists and got the same results. A few cases it found one better result on Amazon, but Amazon already had that listed under "Other sellers" - in one case, Amazon's "Other Sellers" list had one better price than Honey found.
I'll keep trying it for a while, but expect it to be a waste of time.
- by Adam, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5The app works, but I don't like the data sharing and affiliate link injection policies in their terms of service.
"We sometimes use specially formatted links for which we receive a commission on resulting sales or clicks from affiliate partners (“Affiliate Links”). If you click on an offer you will be redirected to the partner’s site and your session will be tracked using affiliate cookies.
In connection with Honey Offers, the Service will provide links to other web sites belonging to Honey advertisers and other third parties."
- by Firefox user 13868313, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Was a fine extension, but recently noticed my Firefox was struggling/freezing. After spending lots of time disabling all addons and systematically re-enabling them one at a time, tracked the performance hit to the Honey extension.
Won't be re-enabling this until it gets fixed
- by Firefox user 14026517, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Honey is not really the extension/add-on I was looking for. I've just purchased 16 items from 5 websites over the past few months and Honey did not save me any money. Annoyingly, it did slow down my browsing experience considerably. To top it off, I have not been able to figure out how to delete it from my computer.
- by Linda The star, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5i dont know .. it is a really good funktion i love sales and kupongs ,.. But it doesent work here in europe? in our little contry norway .. is this add-ons reasently added ?