suggestions Rated 4 out of 5 stars
I like the add-on -- thanks! There are a couple of modifications that would make it easier to use.
- I would like to use a keyboard shortcut to apply the most recently used color.
- I would like to be able to toggle a color on and off. Right now, if I try to toggle a color on before typing, with the idea of toggling it off after typing some words, what I get is the color being applied to the background of the whole message; and this can't be undone with control-z.
- If it's too much trouble to do one of the above, then I would like to either be able to get some color with the right mouse button, or else move the pencil icon farther over to the left. I use half the screen on my laptop for my compose window, and with this configuration, the pencil is not visible.
- Note that the ease of use features I am looking for are built into the Tag Toolbar add-on. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean. Of course in this case just typing a number won't be sufficient -- I know I will need something like a control or alt key as well.
- In addition to highlighting text, I would also like an easier way of changing the color of the text. But this is lower priority than the above stuff.
- This next remark has nothing to do with this add-on, but man I wish I could use a keyboard shortcut to make a hyperlink when I'm composing email. And in general I wish I could personalize thunderbird more.