To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Why to use this addon:
- extremely lightweight code
- uses official API, not hacks
- works for embedded videos as good as for official websites
- sets the highest resolution your screen is able to display
- goes beyond 1080p if available
- may support more than just YouTube in the future
Supported video players:
- more added on request
Some embedded YouTube videos won't work, because this addon requires:
- enablejsapi parameter to be set. Most of the sites do set it, but some don't. Issue details.
- AS3 or HTML5 player. This requirement is virtually almost always met, as I haven't seen AS2 player for years.
* bc0b35e (tag: v220.127.116.11) Milestone: v18.104.22.168
* 9af8caa (tag: v1.0.3) Milestone: v1.0.3
* c4b0271 Fix #9. Remove HDV script element from DOM after injection.
* 7c6ba36 Change: assume 16:9 video for width based quality determination.
* e0aabf0 Change: decide what axis will determine video quality by screen ratio
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following: