Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
. . Please don't report download errors when a file is new. It needs time for it to spread to all Mozilla mirror servers. Usually you will success with a few retries. Tks!
- New Floating WebPage-Title option alongside Floating Menu ! (with dlbclick to un/maximize)
. (In a next version, in Fx4 You will be able to do like Aero-Snap/Unsnap from it. In Fx3 I think I will be able to implement pretty the same thing, even in Win XP.)
- Fx4: Floating Menu appears alongside Firefox (Minefield) Button also. (when Fx4´s Titlebar is enabled)
- When activating 'Floating Main Menu' option: now you can also disable (uncheck) the menubar and It will remain always hidden. Updated description in Options dialog.
- Fixed: Using Fx maximized in a secondary monitor, Floating Main Menu & New Firefox-Menu was showing in primary screen.
- Firefox3: Added 'Native support' for Multiple Monitors (flicker free for 'Never' & 'Smart Popups' modes. Updated description in Options dialog)
- Firefox 4b8pre - Windows Vista & 7:
. . Fixed!: there was lost pixels on top edge of maximized window.
. . In Aero-Glass: Window Min,Max&Close system buttons was always seen in top-right corner even without any Titlebar present (and interfering with the stuff located there). This was *Fixed* in Maximized mode (workaround: shadow-box added covering those buttons area). In un-maximized mode you should enable the Fx4-Titlebar or set 'Smart-All' mode (enables Standard Titlebar). (All this will be reviewed again around Fx4 final date)
. . Aero-Glass: fixed transparency of Custom-Titlebar.
- (Dropped testing in Firefox 3.0.x)
Pending/known issues: ----------------
- In Aero-Glass & Aero-Snap:
. . In Firefox 3.6, Aero-Glass & Aero-Snap works _only_ with 'Standard-Titlebar' present. (un-maximized window in 'Smart-All' mode). I'll continue to research if these are possible without Windows' Standard-Titlebar present.
. . In Firefox 4b8pre however, it would be no problem to make work all these. Glass works in all tests done, may still need some few tweakings. Aero-Snap seems working well with Glassed toolbars/area. (And It will be no problem to make it work wherever makes sense)
Minor issues in Firefox 4b8pre:
. . Fx4: Can be solved, awaiting progress from Fx4 beta also: Flickers when de/activating a toolbar by checking it in the toolbar context popup menu. (also after entering print preview option)
. . Fx4: In never & smart-popups modes: If you press F11 (fullscreen) from restored (un-maximized) position you can't activate the toolbars. (you can maximize first to solve this)
- New Customize toolbar item: a FLEXIBLE Web-Title item.
- Option Dialog: bigger dialog size.
- Firefox 4b8pre:
. . Fx4 titlebar (orange button's) better positioning. It touchs top window edge. Also looks well with PERSONA skins.
. . FIXED hopefully: Fx4 didn't start maximized.
. . Please don't report download errors when a file is new. It needs time for it to spread to all mozilla mirror servers. Thanks!
- Several new features and options!, almost everything can be seen in the OPTIONS DIALOG and in the Customize-Toolbar palette!
- New Firefox Application 'Home' orange Button & App-Menu! (like future Firefox 4's ones!). This one stays always at top-left corner, easy to reach! (Fitts's law, in wikipedia, see 'Edges and corners' :-)
New option for Fx traditional Menu: leaves Menubar and stays 'floating' at new 'Home' place with autohide. (can help saving toolbar space)
- More options for Min,Max&Close buttons that helps saving space. (+InToolbar)
- Configurable Web-page Title in Status bar (with resize!). (+InToolbar)
+InToolbar: Also can be placed in any toolbar by customizing.
- FULL SUPPORT for FIREFOX 4 Beta!
- Minor issues in Firefox 4 Beta:
- Fx4: Will be solved, awaiting progress from Fx4 beta also: Flickers when activating a toolbar with the toolbar popup menu. (also after entering print preview option)
- Fx4: In never & smart-popups modes: If you press F11 (fullscreen) from restored (un-maximized) position you can't activate the toolbars. (you can maximize first to solve this)
- Will be adjusted: By default you see an empty menu bar in un-maximized position. You can uncheck the floating-menu option in the options dialog or use the ALT key.
* Please note that I'm developing Fx4 support against Firefox 4b8pre (last nightly) bc Fx4 is still changing many things between betas!
(You can run the nighly easily along your stable version by using the "Portable App's Firefox Nightly" version)
- CONTEXT MENU (right-click) accesible from Min,Max&Close buttons and Drag-Window control.
- Some options (ie. look & feel, indicated in the dialog) now are reflected on-the-fly in FF's window/s.
- For Chromifox series, Strata40 and others themes: now there is an extra option for Min,Max&Close buttons *skins* for using the theme's own button skins.
- Via "Customize Toolbar" window, the Min,Max&Close buttons can be placed in any toolbar. (& In options dialog you can hide the buttons located at topright corner)
- Working on Linux too! (tested even in FF 3.0.8)
- Fully structured for language localization! (ready to receive translations)
(Spanish added and translated in context menu & controls, still missing in options dialog)
- Using "Drag window using tabbar bkg" special-test-option: Fixed doble-click problem.
- In Chromifox and others themes: better visual support by better detection of topright buttons fixed position in order to not overlap with any toolbar item.
- Works flawlessly in Firefox 3.6 (ie. with autohide Menu-bar, see notes)
- New & better buttons always at topright corner!
- New configurable 'Custom Caption' presence and size!
- If "Tabs on top" is used along with this, you should get the last version to have all work visually perfect.
- FIXED autohide Menu-bar problems:
1) fixed the problem in the previous old versions of this addon and
2) also there is a fix for the problem in FF 3.6 itself (see description above!)
- Maximized FF doesn't remember window restored position across restarts, will be fixed soon.