Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
- compact mode was not displaying title after oxford dictionary website interface was changed
- WeakMap is adopted in case Node.getUserData is not available
- bug 842372: The Node.getUserData and Node.setUserData methods are no longer available from Web contents
- Obsolete since Gecko 22 (Firefox 22)
- by default if details not found during word lookup in compact mode, automatically result is displayed in classic mode
- this can be changed using "Preferences", de-select the checkbox next to compact mode
- in above case pop-up displays error along with following options, which user has to select manually:
- Display Result in Classic Mode
- Change Settings to use Classic Mode
- fail safe classic mode
- if word is not found then suggestions are displayed if present in the response
- also list of dictionary is displayed in which current word can be searched by clicking on respective link
- dynamic css for classic mode
- previously static list was used, which may not work if website changes css
- now css are extracted from response in order to display result in native look
- auto close
- if selected pop-up will automatically close after specified time
- status bar changes
- based on user feedback, add-on/status bar button is shortened and color-coding is used for current status
- for valid website/host one more button next to status button which can be used to enable/disable tool for given website
- now user can enabled/disable tool for given website using statusbar and toolbar menu
- customize keyboard shortcuts
- now user can customize keyboard shortcuts using toolbar menu
- popup changes for classic mode
- current dictionary label is displayed in title bar
- "Preferences" link is displayed on title of popup
- "Open in new tab" renamed to "more"
- fix for manual search, now phrase can be searched
- some minor fix for cambridge dictionary after website interface is changed
- fix for case where frame is selected and event not dispatched on doc for close shortcut
- Compact mode was not displaying details from cambridge dictionary after website interface changed
- CSS updated for classic mode
- several dictionary websites changed styles/interface, so latest css to be used for classic dictionary updated
- From next time there will be no restart required to receive updates
- Enable tool for form elements
- double click on words to lookup inside input-box/text-area OR
- right click on input-box/text-area and perform lookup
- Fix, positioning of pop-up when click near right/bottom edge.
- Pop-up will be always displayed in visible window, no mater where you click
- Compact Mode
- For advance user quick lookup (only simple definition/description) in compact mode.
- Native look for existing interface
- Existing interface is changed to display definition in native look/style
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Advance user can access menus/preferences using shortcuts
- support for link/anchor
Right click on any link and lookup words from context menu.
- select any word/phrase then right click to lookup for the same.
- dictionary selection
select any of five dictionary for lookup using preference menu.
- suport iframe
Content from iframe can be selected
- ui changes
- interface color/background changed.
- open in new tab
Opens dictionary website in seperate tab
- lookup manually
Manually perform lookup operation.
- escape button to close popup
Keyboard event is attached so that pressing the "escape" button will close inline popup.
- localization support
- internally refactored to support additional locales in future.
- fix iframe related issue in html response from dictionary
- fix related with manual enable/disable
- fix for webpage containning frameset