Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Excellent Add-On. Works perfect, and has many options, yet it is very simple to use.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (0.6.1-signed).
Excellent! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Thank you for such comfortable Handy Dictionary! It worth 5 stars!
But I have some concrete feedback. 1. It shows "HandyDict: Turn Off" (or "Turn On") in addon bar, pressing on "HandyDict" we can toggle On/Off the functionality of this addon. Is it possible to enable/disable this toggling mechanism in addon bar - it occupies a large space and the addon has shortcut - Alt-O.
2. When we use highlited way (for links) it is more important to choose the dictionary rather the word.
Moreover, I have an idea, how to handle links and regular text by the same way: instead of double click it is possible to hover the word by cursor and activate this hovering by shortcut. In this case user can assign different shortcuts to different dictionaries!
3. It would be great to enable to user to add his own urls for dictionaries (for his own risk, of course).
4. If the tool can detect: the definition is found or not, it would be great. In the case when definition was not found the addon will be able to involve the next dictionary in the list. In this case an user should be able to change the order of dictionaries.
It'll be fantastic addon, it you implements this
Thanks for your detailed feedback.There were some valuable suggestions, kindly give me some time to comment/question on the same.
update on 9-Apr-2013
1. Handy Dictionary on Add-on bar
comment: may be title can be shortened with some color coding for status so that it does not occupy much space, will be implemented in next release.
2. word definition by hovering
comment:this is bit difficult as on hover, returned value is an element not a word, and an element (e.g. div, p) can contain more than one word. Nonetheless i will consider your suggestions for using shortcuts by advanced user for different dictionaries.
3. custom dictionary
comment: at present i do not have any comment for this, may be in future i will consider this suggestion.
4. error handling
comment: most of your suggestions are already implemented and you can find them in next release.
Thanks again for your time to give such detailed feedback.