- by Firefox user 13660282, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Fast Perfekt!
-> Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, wie im alten, nicht mehr weiter entwickelten Viewmarks [benutze bis Dato NUR wegen Viewmarks den alten Firefox Portable v42] das ganz normale Lesezeichenmenü zu importieren und somit gleichzeitig auch jene Lesezeichenmenü-Struktur (samt ALLEN Ordnern und Unterordnern usw.) in "Group Speed Dial" zu bekommen, OHNE alles selber per Hand einlesen/einrichten zu müssen?
Wenn ja, wären das locker 7 Sterne von mir. ;')
Ich bitte hiermit um Antwort bzw. Implementierung dieser "Importierungsoption".
Danke und LGHello,
I'm not sure I understand, there is already import feature from bookmarks.
Could you be please more specific? Also please write me to mu support e-mail so that we can discuss it further. Thank you.
Have a nice day :)
- by Firefox user 13645917, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Love the import function. The only downside is the design. I would love to see option for defining side margins for dials, such as to put all the dials more to the center.
- by Firefox user 13380679, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Anyone knows where on OSX El Capitan you could find database from old Speed Dial by Josep del Rio??to import it to GSD...???Hello,
I'm sorry for a late answer.
If you go to "about:support" page, there is "Open folder" button that should open your profile folder. There you should be able to find your backups.
Have a nice day :)
- by occam, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I have just returned to using Firefox Quantum (as default). In comparison to the previous version of Speed Dial extension, this is far easier and intuitive to use.
If I make one suggestion for improving it - DO NOT HIDE the 'Options' menu so far down in the page. It should be easier to find. There are so many great customization options, but it took me hours to find the option I needed, BECAUSE it was far down the Options page, hidden below a lot of secondary information like known bugs, updates in version 7.X etc.Hello,
Regarding the issue with long description - this is actually a Firefox bug:
But you can access Options page in separate tab using either toolbar icon / Options or using menu in upper right corner in dials page / Options. It's easier and faster.
I hope this helps :)
Have a nice day and happy holidays :)
- by Firefox user 13540295, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5This is not Fast Dial, but Fast Dial is sadly no longer supported. Why not 5 stars? Because it doesn't load on Firefox start, you need to wait about 30 seconds for Group Speed Dial to load, pretty long right? Sometimes dials go missing during normal browsing and you need to wait for them again. Fix this (and don't screw up anything else) and I will rate 5 stars.
Other thing I don't really like is creating new account so you can have your dials synchronized. In Fast Dial they were bookmarks so you only needed Firefox account for this.
- by Redd Hott, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5After working out what does what, I'm quite happy with this, although I miss the old Speeddial. However, I hope that, in time, this will be as good as the Legacy Speeddial, and it seems from the other comments and responses here that the developer is working at speed to introduce some new "bells and whistles". The background refresh would be good, but appears to be impossible in the new FF architecture.
My main wish at the moment is to be able to resize thumbnails across the Dial Groups, and to make them smaller, which I would find easier to work with.
- by Egorro, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5This addon is going to be really great, but for now there are some problems (not critical). Some functions could make it even more useful:
- auto-updating thumbnails
- using browser history when adding the dial manually
- customizing hotkeys modifiers (i.e. alt+fN instead of ctrl+shift+fN) and handling multikey dial by checking ctrl (alt) is released so user can cancel it, not by delay.
- scrollable thumbnails etc
Looks like the addon is developing instantly, so I home some of these options will be available some time later)) Anyway, thank you for the best SpeedDial replacement for now!
- by mdv921, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent program. The thumbnail creation works much better than any other speed dial program I've used. Never fails to capture the full image from the website. The only criticism I have is that you can not set dials to reload automatically dial by dial. It's either all or none. A few of the websites I have dials for don't produce thumbnails that are pleasing to the eye so I have thumbnails I make myself for those and I don't want those dials to ever change. So I have to manually reload each dial I do want to reload and that does take time.
- by Tiger13, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5На разных компах ведет себя немного по разному, такое ошущение что оч много зависит от скорости интернета и мощности пк (достаточно медленно происходит первый запуск, потом все хорошо). Первая пустая вкладка не загружается (впрочем fastdial тоже этим грешил и это вопрос скорее к разработчикам firefox). Очень хотелось бы видеть возможность подхватить автоматически настройки-закладки fastdial, так как вручную все настраивать тот еще кошмар и было бы супер чтоб новая вкладка открывалась так же быстро. Еще есть маленькая проблема с сайтами которые отображаются в закладках, они либо обрезаются, либо смещены в сторону, а хотелось бы чтоб были целиком! Само приложение достаточно гибкое и мне понравилось! Спасибо!
- by Firefox user 13545653, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5After some testing in Firefox 57 I now prefer GroupSpeedDial; most of the functionality I need is there, except:
- access to local files (file:///data/xxx/index.html)
- group-specific background color
Great Add-on - Thanks
Sadly access to local .html files is now completely blocked by Firefox internal security for all add-ons. You can create such links in my speed dial, but Firefox won't allow you to click on them.
More boring info here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebExtensions/Filesystem
Situation in Chrome browser is very similar but Chrome added option (checkbox) to enable access to local files for specific add-on on their add-on page.
I hope something similar will come to Firefox one day, but until then, there is nothing I can do about it.
Regarding group-specific colors -this is being developed as we speak :), so it should be ready in several days.
Have a nice day :)
- by Firefox user 13535833, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Hi, sorry about the one-star. You have obviously put a lot of work into this but it doesn't do what I used speed-dial for. ie short-cuts.
I used Speed-Dial as a speedy way of getting to my favourite sites. control-1 was google, control-2 was wikipedia, etc, but I can't find a similar feature in group-speed-dial.
I'm using Linux Mate on a laptop and I have bad wrists so mouse-based solutions are bad for me, I want keyboard tools.
Aha! I discovered quite by accident that there is another add-on "Ctrl + Number for Group Speed Dial" by the same author that adds this so I've upped to 4 stars. Here are 3 wibnis/quibbles (Wouldn't It Be Nice If)
1) I didn't find it because it was off the bottom of the page on the "General" tab in the options
2) When I found the text, it kept on saying "you need this extra addon" even though I had already added it. This was slightly confusing
3) Can we have Shift+Control+Number to open in a new tab please? Equivalent to Control-T followed by Control-NHello,
As you can see, the add-on is in active development and new features are added almost every day now :)
The option for "Shift+Control+Number" has been added recently as well.
If you have more ideas or find a bug, please let me know to my support e-mail.
Have a nice day :)
- by Артем, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5RU. Mozilla плохо открывает ваше дополнение как стартовую страницу. Новая вкладка с вашим дополнением всегда работает и загружается хорошо и быстро, но стартовая страница часто загружается пустой. Сделайте удобнее адрес стартовой страницы для настройки в Mozilla. Спасибо.