- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14535398, 4 years agoist fast alles in Englisch, aber ich bin Deutscher und kann es nicht lesen. vor allen die Bewertungen.Hello,
My add-on is localized to German, there should be no English words. Make sure you have German Firefox installed or install German language pack:
Please let me know to my support e-mail if it didn't help.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Statikplan.at, 4 years agosorry for bad english.
every time after starting firefox i must login manual new again. how group speed dial login automaticly?
edit: CCleanerPro allways deleted "group-speed-dial.fastaddons.com" cookie. adding this cookie in CCleanerPro whitelist solved the problem.Hello,
This seems like issue with your cookies. My add-on is using cookies to keep you logged in.
See the Firefox Options page (about:preferences) and on the tab "Privacy & Security" check the Cookies settings and also History.
If you set it up to Remember history and "Accept cookies and site data from websites (recommended)" with "Keep until - They expire" then it should work.
Also if you are using some tool (or add-on) to block cookies, make sure to add exception for domain "group-speed-dial.fastaddons.com".
Let me know to my support e-mail if this didn't helped.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13400788, 4 years agoBeen following this dial since it started. Great progress being made. Still a way to go before you dethrone FVD but I am hopeful that you will. A little more polish is required, also FVD import is not quite there yet. Keep going, I will keep checking back.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Thany, 5 years agoI still need Ctrl+1-9 shortcuts.
More importantly, lately it's been REALLY slow sometimes when I go back (like with the back button) to a new tab, or close the last tab to cause a new tab to get opened. GSD might take several seconds to display the dials. Sometimes the dials show blank and are unresponsive. Somtimes GSD shows a completely empty page in an unresponsive tab.
Latest Firefox stable and latest Firefox Dev.Hello,
Support for short-keys is added using a separate add-on:
Multi-digits dialing can be then enabled in Options page / Short-keys.
The slow speed is most likely caused by some other add-on. There are known cases where this was due to "Ghostery" add-on or "Adblock Plus". You can try to use alternative add-ons like "uBlock" that should be faster and should not slow down other add-ons.
Displaying dials page should not take more than half a second even on the slowest PC!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14063892, 5 years agoАддон вполне комфортный. но вот одна беда - из-за него переодически выкидывает из полноэкранного режима на youtubeHello,
This is a Firefox bug that I reported here:
The bug is now fixed and it will be released with Firefox 62 (scheduled to be released in 8 weeks from now).
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12532026, 5 years agoLeider nicht für Mobilgeräte, sonst alle Sterne.Hello,
There is plan to support android as well. But until then, you can use on your phone the cloud-dials page:
(requires free account in the cloud)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13933186, 5 years agoдо обновления Firefox всё работало. После обновления до версии 59.0.2 (64-бит) не работает.
before the Firefox update everything worked. After upgrading to version 59.0.2 (64-bit) does not work
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13430041, 5 years agoнеплохое дополнение но .... уж слишком много всего навернули .
миниатюры слетают , почему то пропала функция внесения в диал по правому клику мышки , не дублирует ссылки в закладки браузера .
обратите внимание на старый Fast Dial просто и лаконично .
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13469036, 5 years agoI would like to try this extension, but when i do it do not work! It says:
Error - database is corrupted! And i can not get around this!Hello,
Corrupted database error is a Firefox bug, and very old one (4 years old): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=944918
There are cases where this happened after running CCleaner or other tools that can "optimize" or "compact" Firefox database. But it can also happen if you start any Firefox with version older that 57 - your profile get instantly corrupted (once your profile get upgraded with Firefox 57 and newer, it cannot be downgraded).
To validate status of your database engine you can visit this demo page:
This page is using same database technology as my add-on. Check the log text in bottom left corner - if you see there "Error loading database" then your Firefox has indeed broken database.
What will help is Firefox reset feature:
Resetting profile will preserve your passwords, bookmarks and other important things.
I'm really sorry for the inconveniences...
Have a nice day and enjoy the weekend :)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13733567, 5 years agoI installed a number of 'other' speed dial extensions just now.
I was not satisfied with any of them.
Considering doing a rollback on Firefox to ver 54 when I figured I would give this extension ONE MORE TRY.
I installed it again and restarted my browser and it started working again. All the features came back but I lost my dials because I didn't do a back up.
I like that I can add groups.
I like that I can take a screenshot and set that as my image for the dial.
I like that I can drag and drop my dials.
I like that I can color code my groups.
I believe if there was a way to drag a page and drop it to a new dial this extension would be fantastic.
I don't know what caused the extension to fail.
I now know to back up my dials and I have synced them on the cloud too.
I sincerely hope this is the end of my speed dial frustration.
Now if someone could make a BBCode Xtra replacement I'd be happy with this new firefox.Hello again,
Regarding restoring your old dials - if you are on Windows, you should be able to use "Windows Restore point" feature to restore your profile in a way that should restore your dials as well.
I really hope this helps.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13511339, 5 years agoVersion 7.6 messed up my previous dial-thumbnails. ALL OF THEM got a white border on top (setting: No title on dials), even they are all set up to be "centered" (dial ratio: fix 1×1). With version 7.5 they looked fine. Hope this will be fixed very, very soon! Thanks.
Edit: I found out, if "No title on dials" and ALSO "Dial names on bottom" is activated, you can avoid this bug.
BTW: I am expecting on "Refresh dials" to reload and refresh MY "Custom stored thumbnail file" (if chosen) and not to rebuild the dials with a web page preview!
P.S. Dial ratio seems to be changed again, but sadly not to be exact square (in v7.5 the were 256×246, in v7.6 they are now 256×249).
Is it so difficult to make them "at least" exact square (1:1, e. g. 256×256, 128×128 etc) if "dial ratio" is set "fix: 1×1?
Now – to avoid the white border – I have to edit all my customized thumbs. Too bad!
Edit 2 (after bug fix 7.7):
Many thanks to the developer, who instantly fixed the bug described in my review (well, it still appears, if you use the "No title on dials" in combination with "Dial names on bottom" activated – then on the bottom).
Anyway, it works for me now, deactivating "Dial names on bottom".
For his (developer's) very fast bug fix (within 1-2 hours!) I am updating my rating to 3.5 stars.
But It's still not understandable, why WE cannot have such a SIMPLE THING like REAL "square thumbs", and why the author uses really exotic thumbs' ratios, that even seem to change between versions – instead of making them simply SQUARE! (like most of all other programs/apps in a similar context do). Should all users edit all their customized image files on every GSD update? That's not very handy, isn't it.
Although I am quite happy for the add-on itself, substituting the out-dated "Speed Dial" (by Josep del Rio).
I'm really sorry for the issues.
The hotfix version 7.7 is already released.
I've added this scenario into my automated test suit to prevent this in the future.
If you find more bugs, please let me know to mu support e-mail. I'm fixing serious bugs within minutes/hours.
Have a nice day :)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13682087, 5 years agoОчень долго грузит страницы.Hello,
My add-on should be super fast. If loading page takes more than half a second, something is wrong.
Please contact me to my support e-mail.
Also make sure you are NOT using Cloud-dials page as your homepage - instead set it up using the proper add-on URL. Just follow the steps written in Options page / first tab / first line.
Have a nice day :)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Akser, 5 years agoВ темной версии один большой минус - это белый градиент и обводка тоже уродского вида. И самое печальное, не настроить самому на нормальный опрятный вид. А вот в светлой это тень и смотрится нормально, не пойму зачем было инверсировать и тень в белый колхозный градиент...Hello,
Please write me to my support e-mail what changes would you like to see and I will build such theme.
I'm also planning to introduce custom theme that could be build by anyone.
Have a nice day :)