- by Brandon, 21 hours agoRated 5 out of 5A good FVD Speed dial replacement..but can you add a option to edit all groups at once
Developer responseposted 13 hours agoHello,
I'm planning this soon. I just need to think it through to make it easy to use and easy to build :). Maybe some "Apply to all groups" button. I will look into it after I finish current design upgrade.
- by eboyd16, a day agoRated 3 out of 5This addon looks like a good replacement for FVD. Be aware that the only way to get a Pro account is by join his Patreon. It will cost $36 a year for the Pro features. I am cool will giving devs some cash for making something useful. Forced into a monthly sub for more features is going to far. It's your product you do what you want. I will be looking for something different.
Developer responseposted 13 hours agoHello,
I'm preparing a better pricing that won't include Patreon. Hopefully in January after I upgrade my server code.
But until then, I can give you a nice discount if you contact me to my support email.
- by onyxo, 2 days agoRated 5 out of 5Top notch addon. I used Speed Dial(fvd) before and I appreciate GSD's fast startup time and intuitive menus with many well thought out settings.
Few feature suggestions:
- option to set the bar with groups to autohide for a more minimalistic look
- option to apply visual settings in Edit group menu to all groups at once
- mouse-over effect for dials where they go from dim to fully bright
Thanks and keep up the good work
Developer responseposted 2 days agoThank you for the suggestions!
I'm gonna be building new themes very soon so I will try to add these.
Multi-dial and multi-group editing is also planned (but this is gonna be a bit harder...).
- by Shimbee, 4 days agoRated 5 out of 5The addon used to be mediocre and I encountered a few problems and missing features I needed. This led me to use another speed dial addon. But now this addon has improved and is one of the best group dial addons, the developer has worked well on it. This addon is also much faster than the previous Speed Dial addon I was using, the homepage loads instantly and there are much more options overall. Thanks Sir
Developer responseposted 4 days agoHello,
I'm so happy to hear this :). Please let me know if there is more to be improved. I'm noting all feature requests and those most requested are being implemented sooner.
I've released version 17.0 yesterday with some requested fixes/features and soon I will be releasing 17.1 with new batch of new features.
Have a nice week :)
- by gamerz651, 4 days agoRated 5 out of 5when i load a thumbnail from an url, the size is bigger and not adjusted to the "square" of the dial. i don't find where to do it, or if it is possible.
(i cant answer to the developper so i wish if i edit my comment he can see it, if not i will post a new comment)
in fact there is already an option fill (stretch) or cover. that was what i looked for
thanks 5 stars
can you add an option that adds the favicon as a thumbnail?
Developer responseposted 4 days agoHello,
In the "Edit dial" window on the "Visual" tab you can change the thumbnail position.
In the upcoming release it will be automatically set to "Center (contain)" for all custom images.
- by Firefox user 12993026, 4 days agoRated 4 out of 5After test other options this is the best replacement for fvd speed dial.
You need learn how to use it , could be more intuitive but in the end works.
- by Firefox user 13955094, 5 days agoRated 4 out of 5I imported the settings from FVD Speed Dial. However, the thumbnails were not applied, so I set the dials one by one. This was a very painful process. I had to open the same folder for each dial, open the image with the same name as the dial, and set the position to the center. I had to do the same thing over and over again until I lost my mind. Why can't it set all at once for each group? I synced the cloud-dials with my main PC, but the visuals remained "Create thumbnail" in Firefox on my other laptop. I don't have the energy to do the same painstaking work on my laptop anymore. Please let me know if there is a solution.
Thanks for the suggestion, no more despairing about syncing between PCs.
I'm looking forward to the new version which will make thumbnail setting easier.
For example, it would be nice to be able to batch register images with the same name as the dial as thumbnails from the local hard disk. And it would be easier to specify the visual position as a whole, and select the exceptions individually later.
You can transfer data including thumbnails - just check the "export also thumbnails" checkbox when exporting them (from Options page / Import backup tab).
If you want to synchronize them through the cloud, you need to enable thumbnails synchronization in the Options page / Thumbnails / "Enable automatic thumbnails synchronization".
If you have questions or idea for improvement, please write me email. I'm gonna release new version soon where thumbnails setup will be much easier.
- by hugo, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5If you want to fall into the same trap as with FVD Speed Dial sending your data to the cloud, go ahead and use this one. I wouldn't recommend it.Hello,
The cloud account is optional - if you don't create account, no user data will be stored on the server at all.
I'm just an honest developer trying to make a world a better place :)
- by Firefox user 12278011, 5 days agoRated 2 out of 5Lots of features lockedHello,
The full list of Pro features can be found here:
But I would say all basic features should be there. My addon didn't have any Pro features for a first few years, I've stared adding them only much later on.
Feel free to contact me to my support email if you have troubles setting it up, I know some things are not as intuitive as it should be. I'm working on those now...
- by Firefox user 17149681, 6 days agoRated 4 out of 5Всё хорошо. Не нравится только невозможность менять размеры миниатюр, слишком уж большие по умолчанию.
- by Firefox user 5926074, 7 days agoRated 5 out of 5Migrated from FVD Speed Dial. Only the dissatisfaction points are listed below.
I would be grateful if you could answer.
・ Thumbnail> Create your own Text ........ I can't use Japanese.
-It is annoying that the Edit Dial screen is displayed when you click the blank part of the Group Dial.
-Many sites did not load the image with Edit Dial> Thumbnail from public liblary, so I processed it with Custum thumbnail from file.
-Thumbnail may lose its shape due to a bad setting operation.
Normal for FVD Speed Dial
Partially collapses when using Group Speed Dial
Thank you for answering.
I was able to make a satisfactory setting.
You can safely migrate from the FVD Speed Dial.Hello,
The "Edit dial" can be disabled in the Options page / Dials tab / "Disable quick edit with left click".
My public library is currently pretty empty. I'm working on a brand new one which should give nice images for much much more domains. I will start working on this next week.
When using custom image, you need to switch the thumbnail position to "Center (cover)" - you can do this in the "Edit dial" window on the "Visual" tab. In the next release, this will be a default position for custom images.
If you find more issues, please write them to me to my support email.
Thank you for your feedback!
- by Firefox user 14124440, 7 days agoRated 3 out of 5Works well after a steep learning curve. Only showstopper I found was after meticulously setting it up in Firefox and exporting including thumbnails, it fails to import that file into a fresh install on Chrome. Ideally, this local export should make any browser it's imported into look exactly the same, wallpaper, sizes, and thumbnail pics.
5 stars if this is possible and works, along with adding the ability to globally make "Center (contain)" the default.Hello,
Yeah, the "Center (contain)" should be default for custom images, I will fix this in the upcoming release.
Also, you say import in Chrome failed? That's sounds impossible, it's build from the same source code, it must work :). I will investigate now. And you are right, after the import it will look exactly the same.
If you have a lot of dials and thumbnails, the import may take a while depending on your drive speed (slow SSD can take a whole minute or more to import 40MB backup file).
Could you please write me to my support email what was the size of the exported file? And was there some error written? And did the dials at least partially imported?
- by Firefox user 14341308, 7 days agoRated 1 out of 5Trying to add images on the dials is a nightmare as with FVD the sizing was NEVER an issue now I have to try and find a proper size for the dial???? If this is ever resolved the rating will go up.
**Update to reply*** - Again NEVER needed to do ANY of this with FVD so even though that addon was "shady" at least it was easy. Your basically only speed dial alternative so I am going to continue using but having all these extra steps that I never needed to do before is what kills your rating from me....Sorry just my honest review.Hello,
If you are adding custom images, make sure to change "Position" to "Center (contain)". You can do it in the Edit dial window / Visual.
I know some things are not as intuitive as it should be. I will be releasing new version next week that should simplify things :)