- Rated 5 out of 5As an addicted user (I used speed dial in good old times, I am guessing this is a continuation of that), I truly appreciate the improvements on layout, functionality, not to mention the effort and time put in. In simple words, this is one of the add-ons that should come shipped by default in any browser, not only Firefox (still my fav : ). I think there might be some improvements , but I am sure Juraj is more than capable of exceeding users expectations. I recommend this add-on for any surfer, be it a beginner or a professional, it simply makes using your browser a joyful experience, regardless.
- Rated 5 out of 5Only a few days into this extension and have been so impressed. As a fellow developer (retire), I can appreciate the detail built into GSD along with all the behind code and testing. As I went through setting things up I kept thinking I wish it could do this or that and what do you know? I found it - at least 99% of them. This is a well thought out add-on. My bookmarks are organized in folders often with several levels of sub-folders. On the screen where you can search for them, I thought it would be handy to do 3 things. 1) Allow for moving them up & down to bring the most useful ones to the top and at the same time let that move the order of them when the main GSD is opened. 2) Sorting much like you can do in Windows File Explorer - right pane. 3) Have a check box next to each to show/hide when the Dial is opened. Gmail does this for their labels. Some of my sub-folders are used more, but are buried in the folder above. I've had to move those out for quicker access rather than drilling for them. Anyone using this add-on will not be disappointed. Keep up the good work.
Developer responseposted 20 days agoHello,
Thanks for such a nice words, it's really nice (and important) to see people like my work!
Regarding your feature requests, could you please describe it more?
Also could you write them directly to my github issue tracker? It's empty now, but I'm planning to migrate there my very long todo list this weekend:
Thank you for the feedback! And have a nice weekend :)
- Rated 5 out of 5absolutely great. daily use
Allows me to easily have the same favorites synchronized between all my browsers: firefox, chrome, vivaldi ...
Congratulations Juraj for your work
Small suggestion: syncing options between browsers
- Rated 5 out of 5It is the best Speed Dial, clearly, simply, plainly.
- Rated 4 out of 5Fantastic add on up till now. I now have a problem when I signed in, I can not go back to Return to extension. Only cloud is working.
Developer responseposted a month agoHello,
Please contact me to my support email with details. If there is any error shown on the dials page, please include them. You can also send me email through dials page / Advanced / Send error logs.
- Rated 4 out of 5Great addon. I've been looking for a good speed dial addon quite a while and been testing many. This one is my fav so far.
+ Most important: privacy is respected. The addon doesn't track usage nor does it send info about website usage to third-party services what is a must for such a tool.
+ The author tries to use as little rights as needed to make the addon work and he clearly explains the rights in the addon's description.
+ Thumbnails are loaded locally, it's even possible to use local graphic/logo files, i.e. no online connection needed.
- Cutomising the look and feel, in particular size, of the dials is not yet possible
- Creating thumbnails from public library often doesn't show results. Maybe another service could be used here (like e.g. https://logo.clearbit.com)
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHello,
Thank you for the feedback!
The service for thumbnails you mentioned is amazing! I will totally integrate that in near future! If you know more good services like this, please let me know!
Thanks again and have a nice weekend :)
- Rated 4 out of 5I don’t know who is to blame, but now with Update 71 for Firefox, the page with Speeddial began to open with a delay of several seconds. Fix it if possible
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHello,
I haven't released new version so this must be Firefox related.
Things you could try:
1) restart whole PC
2) reinstall my extension. But first make backup - export your dials and thumbnails from Options page / Import backup tab. Then uninstall, restart Firefox, install back.
3) If that won't help, you can use Firefox reset to fix your Firefox profile:
Resetting profile will preserve your passwords, bookmarks and other important things (but not add-ons data, so make sure to have backup).
Before resetting your profile I would suggest you to setup Firefox Sync. - this will backup the list of installed add-ons and after reset it will reinstall them.